PC "This is not valid housing" message

So I am doing a ranger playthrough and need the truffle to move in so I can get shroomite gear. I made a house that should meet all the requirements but I get the message "This is not valid housing" when using the query or trying to move an NPC in. Is this something to do with not having a mushroom biome, or having mushroom grass nearby? This is concerning because the truffle is required to progress through the game. I know the truffle can't move in now, but when the biome gets big enough will it be able to?

|
\/ The house giving me trouble.
Capture 2018-05-11 19_48_39.png

Maybe that one block below the door causes trouble, what I would do is to create a house that is 10 blocks long and 6 blocks high and have atleast 100 blocks of mushroom grass. 200 if you want to do the biome specific fishing quest.

Thanks! It turns out, however that there was just a pesky little spot of corruption within the 45-block radius. With the help of my trusty clentaminator the problem was fixed. I do wish the message was more specific, maybe something like "This area is too corrupted for housing" or something like that.

I do wish the message was more specific, maybe something like "This area is too corrupted for housing" or something like that.
That actually should've happen, housings that are corrupted should indeed show the "This housing is corrupted" message. Weird that it didn't appear for you.

Yeah, sadly, a little corruption gives the "Invalid Housing", it requires a noticeable amount to give the "Housing is Corrupted"

Back
Top Bottom