Serious This just in: Pluto is (officially) a planet again!

Chee

Official Terrarian
http://time.com/3429938/pluto-planet-vote/

So basically, everything is back as it should be. I never lost faith in you, Pluto!!

But seriously, this doesn't seem like huge news... I mean, good that it's been re-re-classified, but Pluto has too much historical importance that I doubt it would ever have truly been forgotten. Can't help but wonder if there's a whole generation of kids who grew up being taught differently, who are now going to learn this and be like, "a 9th planet? wut?"

What do you guys think? do you care? do you like space? I like space...

It has always, obviously, been a planet, it's just a SMALL planet.
astroids and other sun-orbiting objects are different due to a lack of shape and atmosphere that would make it a planet.

It always was and always will be Slippy Slidey Ice World. Besides, I think I remember hearing it's at least the biggest chunk of ice around the Kuiper Belt area. Aside from that, a planet with a moon that's almost half as big as it gets mad props in astronomy.

RIOV16NXYo.png

For the one person on this forum who will probably get it.

Also, I always had the suspicion they'd make it a planet again.

So, that small gang of pseudo-scientists stopped trying to be cool and gave up on trying to call a car a banana? That's good. Leave science fiction to writers.

Also, finally my fandom will shut the hell up with the "Sailor Pluto is not a Sailor!" crap.

id consider pluto to be sub-planet. i mean its round and all like every other planets its just that it cant really support an atmosphere and the orbit isnt all that circular like the other 8 main planets. there are many other lesser known dwarf planets about the size of pluto like eris and makemake (yeah i know they gave makemake a :red:ty name) and they should probably be planets also. i know i may attract alot of hate but ive never really liked pluto. i like some other dwarves and almost all of the main 8 planets and if i knew about the vote earlier i would have voted that it should remain a dwarf planet

"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #1: "we need to make a name for this floaty rock thing"
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #2: "hmm, what should we make it?"
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #1: "let's make it something like..."
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #2: "make it....?"
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #1: "make it..."
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #3: "stop saying make, its really annoying! 'make, make, make, make!!!'"
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #1&2: "MAKEMAKE!!!"

"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #1: "we need to make a name for this floaty rock thing"
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #2: "hmm, what should we make it?"
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #1: "let's make it something like..."
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #2: "make it....?"
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #1: "make it..."
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #3: "stop saying make, its really annoying! 'make, make, make, make!!!'"
"Ultra-intelligent" scientist #1&2: "MAKEMAKE!!!"
Reminds me of my old name on some other website, hihi, the most :red:ed name in the history of whatwhat and the big bang.

i wasn't aware of anything new like Makemake. And now I wish I still wasn't.

well there are more i know of. im pretty good at astronomy and ive been studying since hmm, im guessing before i went to preschool for the first time (that is no joke i was really attracted to it somehow and ive read books about it on since though i havnt been reading about it lately however ive still kept my knowledge. also by halfway through preschool i knew all my 9 planets (remember i am not lying about any of this)). around 2007 i heard about makemake and a few others and i havnt forgotten their names or pseudo-geography and appearance made by great artists. however im not going to discuss this any further here but if you have any astronomical questions you can pm me

well there are more i know of. im pretty good at astronomy and ive been studying since hmm, im guessing before i went to preschool for the first time (that is no joke i was really attracted to it somehow and ive read books about it on since though i havnt been reading about it lately however ive still kept my knowledge. also by halfway through preschool i knew all my 9 planets (remember i am not lying about any of this)). around 2007 i heard about makemake and a few others and i havnt forgotten their names or pseudo-geography and appearance made by great artists. however im not going to discuss this any further here but if you have any astronomical questions you can pm me
I uh, don't. Having just graduated high school, I don't want to learn for a while, just game. I know a lot about astronomy already, but I never follow any of the new naming things. Makemake had better be something clever.

Back
Top Bottom