PC This will protect me from corruption and hallow Right?

The Hallow can't change Jungle blocks, so again, it would be beneficial to have Hallow spread around it.

Well, I'm just saying that the Corruption can spread into areas you haven't even explored yet and it can attack you from behind, metaphorically. And by endgame you will eventually have (if you didn't do anything about your Disease) around 30% Crimson/Corruption in your world.

But when you get the Steampunker, @FocusOnMana, you should really buy some Green Solution and clear out both Corruption and Hallow if you still want a Desert. Like I said to Quake, the Corruption can sneak up from behind and take over your snow biome depending on how many altars you smashed. BTW, how many altars have you smashed?
as far as i can recall on my last world... all of them......? (i think. coz i pretty much fully opened up the ENTIRE map and destroyed a lot of :red:...)
[doublepost=1481520017,1481519645][/doublepost]
Wait, chlorophite can hold off the corruption? Hmm... I never knew that before
well its not advisable because of how "late" chlorophite spawns on the map and depending on skill, equipment, style of game-play etc. it can be hard to mine... but after you have sufficient chlorophite after whatever you might have needed it for, then by all means use that instead....

Hell Yeah!
Look the pictures now!
Capture 2016-12-12 17_23_46.png
Capture 2016-12-12 17_23_49.png
Capture 2016-12-12 17_23_12.png
Capture 2016-12-12 17_23_26.png

EDIT: Umm you can't see Hallow Background but there is. I think Terraria got the screenshots wrong. Sorry for that... Anyways back to Post!

Hallow is Holy! My NPCs still there and corruption can't spread! I made some exploring and saw that corruption coming through me (facepalm) i was like "OMG NO" and i made some holy water and got some blocks, made artificial hallow biome! I throw some holy water underground too and now i will throw some holy water to corruption to make a wall of hallow. Yay! And i defeated The Destroyer with my Nimbus Rod, got Spider Thingys and a Deadlaus Bow (I know i wrote it wrong...) So far no hallow enemies day or night, didn't get a solar eclipse or blood moon too. Bye!

Also, a good way to reinforce the corruption defense is a bunch of tightly packed sunflowers (more than 2 sunflowers) at the edges of your base on the surface and a few around your base for the "Happy!" Buff (faster move spd and lower mob spawn). The grass will become hallow and for the grass that is not hallow, the corruption can't pass through at all/ easily, giving time for the hallow to spread further.

Sunflowers are tall, yellow flowers that can stop the spreading of Corruption. It can also be noted that when one places a sunflower it seems to get brighter. They spawn in the forest biome, often in groups. The Sunflower can only be placed on a grass surface that is at least 2 blocks wide, and the surface can not have any back walls. They cannot be placed underwater.

They can be collected by hitting the block the flower sits on or directly mining the sunflower with a Pickaxe. Sunflowers also have the ability to spawn more sunflowers in a small area, but the chance is very low. This will only occur on grassy dirt blocks.

Sunflowers can be placed like any block, you just need the right condition (as mentioned above), have it in your inventory, and left click the ground.

As of 1.3.0.1, Sunflowers now give off light during the night time and give the player the Happy which gives the player increased movement speed and reduces the amount of monster spawns.

IMG_2890.PNG

Note:
  • It seems like in 1.2 Sunflowers do block The Corruption, but because they block only 2 tiles it will be able to cross a single Sunflower.
  • Butterflies swarm around sunflowers quite commonly.

Trivia:
The Sunflower's in-game ability (stopping the Corruption) may be linked to their real-life ability, rhizofiltration, which is when the sunflower removes toxins from soil; which can reduce radioactivity in an area they're planted in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom