Game Mechanics Throwing Class Overhaul Update

Is this something you would like to see implemented into Terraria in the future?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

The InMine

Terrarian
An update that will make the dream of an endgame throwing class a reality.

-More non-consumable throwing weapons.

-New Celestial Pillar

-More throwing class armor

=================================================================================

This post will be primarily focused on the endgame pillar ideas.

Desolate Pillar:
==============
Yellow in color, themed towards uninhabitable and ruined planets.

Drops Luminite Bars and Desolate Fragments. (Used to craft the following.)

Items include:

Desolate Armor: Desolate Mask, Desolate Cloak, Desolate Gliders (Set Bonus: Throwing Damage and Speed increased. Dramatically higher movement speed.) Defense will be between vortex and solar flare armor.

Desolate Tools: Desolate Pickax and Desolate Ham-axe.
===================================================================
Desolate Weapons:

-Desolate Bio-Arm (Extremely fast throwing weapon)

-Flask Basket (Boosts all aspects of flasks that are thrown with this weapon. Increased speed, damage, and status effect strength.)

-Baseball Glove (Moon Lord Drop) Throws baseballs with slight differences each time used (Curve ball, fastball, slow ball, etc.) with a different status effect on the enemy for each type. Buy baseballs from the arms dealer or a new throwing class NPC.
================================================================================================
Enemy Concepts:

-A life sucking enemy that gets more powerful the more life it takes from you.

-An enemy that throws it's own body parts at the player, gradually getting more powerful until it sacrifices itself and throws its own head doing a devastating amount of damage to the player.
===================================================================================================
Miscellaneous Changes:
-Change Boomerangs to Throwing Weapons

-Expand upon the sandstorm and blizzard events.

There's a really great post summarizing why the Throwing class is fundamentally flawed that I don't know where to re-obtain. Regardless, it comes down to the sheer impossibility of properly balancing consumables compared to more traditional weapon designs. And without consumables, throwing can't really be considered a class in its own at all. The whole farce is just a bad idea from the onset and should be melted into Ranger.

There's a really great post summarizing why the Throwing class is fundamentally flawed that I don't know where to re-obtain. Regardless, it comes down to the sheer impossibility of properly balancing consumables compared to more traditional weapon designs. And without consumables, throwing can't really be considered a class in its own at all. The whole farce is just a bad idea from the onset and should be melted into Ranger.
Most of this update is trying to balance out the throwing class with the other classes by adding late-game items. Most of the throwing items are in pre-hardmode and are also consumables. I agree that consumables cannot compare to actual weapons late game, but that's why I am suggesting they try to add more throwing weapons than just the bone glove or the ale tosser.

Pillars don't drop luminite, more towers is a ba idea because it's boring if you're not a thrower
Also some of the mobs are good, and I don't mind more weapons, but mid-late hm throwing. Weapons would be alright , maybe a hallowed version of the North Pole and something that rain down some cool weapons of something and I wouldn't the th bommmerang being thrower, so, with a LOT off work the thrower class could work and be pretty good but it'sd just be a lot of work, and they would haveto add more armor and accessories

A: Pillars should not drop luminite
B: 5 pillars would mess up the balance, I say make the fragments for thrower craftable from the other fragments instead of adding a whole new pillar, unless the pillar is in either the sky, or in hell,
C:Ml should drop something other than a base ball glove, like some kinda Celestial Glove or something.
D: Why higher movement speed for thrower?
We do need a thrower class expansion tho, thrower class run nearly impossible otherwise

Back
Top Bottom