Other Time Machine

What do you think?

• That's a fantastic idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a pretty good idea, but it could use some tweaking.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Meh, I don't really care.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • It could really use some major improvements.

• Bad idea man...

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • My head hurts...

• Total voters
Hello all, Derpo here with another suggestion. A bit of an odd one this time around.

The Time Machine.
Time Machine bigger.png
Time Machine.png

It is bought from the Mechanic for 1 platinum.

Now, you may be thinking, "what would a time machine do in a game like Terraria?" Well, if you'll stop asking silly questions like that, I can explain.

When placed down, it looks like that sprite up there, and when you stand in the blue glowy area and activate it with an electrical signal (the same way you activate a teleporter), It takes you back in time. Now, what does this mean? Basically, it takes you back to your world when it was first generated. All the ore and stuff gets reset. The only difference is that the entire world is sepia-tone: everything has a pale brown tinge to it. Now, when you mine blocks in the 'old world', it won't be the regular block, it will have the prefix 'ancient'. So for instance, dirt blocks would be called ancient dirt blocks, and gold ore would be called ancient gold ore. And as stated before, all blocks would have a pale brown tinge. All enemies/bosses would be the same as in the regular world.

Now, these blocks are useless by themselves. To get them into their original useful form, you need to take them to the goblin, who can change the blocks back to the way they should be, for a price of course. I haven't determined what the price would be, but it would be fairly cheep for most ores. But hardmode ores would be a lot more expensive.

There would also be other differences to the 'old world', for instance, there would be no chests, so you can't get more loot that way. Another thing about the old world, is that it is essentially a second world. As in you can fight skeletron again, you can turn it to hardmode by beating the wall of flesh. The main reason the time machine is useful is so you can double your ores, and have twice the building space, and still technically be in the same world.

One last thing, nothing you do in the 'old world' will alter anything in the real world. This is literally just making an easily accessible second world.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:
I have to admit, this is a little weird. Most people would probably just make that second world from scratch... seems like a lot of programming work to do, for something that just adds a bit of convenience.

I have to admit, this is a little weird. Most people would probably just make that second world from scratch... seems like a lot of programming work to do, for something that just adds a bit of convenience.
Yeah. The reason I think this is better than just making a new world, is because you already know where all the good ores are, so you wouldn't have to spend a while looking for new ones.

I generally forgot where I found my 100 blocks Platinum deposit. Besides, new world + spelunker,mining potion + hellstone pick or better = ores galore already. And since this is post-mech, you'd either have Mythril/Orichalcum Pick or Pickaxe Axe already.

The thing is, this is available after the mechs have been defeated. At that point, normalmode ores are basically garbage. Hardmode ores and Chlorophyte aren't created in world generation, remember that.

It is not exactly something that would help, like Baconfry said, Chlorophyte and Hardmode ores aren't available in world gen.

I always hated the fact that some things werent renewable unless you started a new world. This would be kinda pointless for worldhoppers like me, but if I was doing an actual single playthrough, this would help a lot, but only if it was accessible earlier in the game. Overall, 7/10

Back
Top Bottom