Tips, Tricks, and Advice thread!

On this thread, you can post any little tips, tricks, or advice for playing Terraria.

My tip is that when you are first fighting the Eater of Worlds get a sword that does a decent amount of damage and autoswings. Then, just stand right where the EoW comes at you and smack its head with the sword. If successful, you should kill off its body parts in one big streak.

Share your tips down below!
Fetid baghnakhs work best for that (probably butchered the spelling)

When first creating your world only use worlds that have evil located in one spot of the world. Or better yet blocked by the dungeon so it can only spread towards the beach. Having evil in only spot makes it less time consuming to build walls in late Prehardmode. When the dungeon naturally blocked the corruption I didn't even have to build walls

The asiest way to get strong bait is to spread a contained area of Hallow to your base, wait for night and swing that bug net! (Lightning Bugs - 35% bait power)

Last edited:
If one of these shelves contains a Water Bolt, you can then use that to kill Skeletron relatively ease.
Unless that world happens to be an expert world, Water Bolt won't save your skin there...

That Martian Saucer 2nd phase deathray giving you some trouble? Just grapple to a 4 block or wider ceiling and use a yo-yo to take care of him with ease! If the other aliens are haunting you, place some blocks around you, they can't hit through walls. (Just make sure that you have a little hole for your yo-yo to get through. You can also use minions or weapons that go through walls and attack from above, such as the Death Sickle or the Daedalus Stormbow.)

Unless that world happens to be an expert world, Water Bolt won't save your skin there...

That Martian Saucer 2nd phase deathray giving you some trouble? Just grapple to a 4 block or wider ceiling and use a yo-yo to take care of him with ease! If the other aliens are haunting you, place some blocks around you, they can't hit through walls. (Just make sure that you have a little hole for your yo-yo to get through. You can also use minions or weapons that go through walls and attack from above, such as the Death Sickle or the Daedalus Stormbow.)

I grinded saucers by luring a saucer far enough so that the invasion screen disappears and then flying into a small box with a hole for a possessed hatchet. Yoyos and sickle work good as well but with the hatchet you don't even need to aim so it made grinding a lot easier

use actuators to toggle the blocks under the lizahrd altar, this breaks the altar and you can then place it above ground or in a farm making the fight much easier

Don't do that on mobile/3ds

According to Gamepedia over the fact you can't do this on Mobile/3DS it is said like this.
"It has been reported that this method will corrupt your world save files, rendering you unable to re-enter the world, so it is advised to only do this on worlds you do not wish to keep."

So just be careful with that trick.

Do you like EXISTING with ease in Terraria? Well that's too bad! You can't!
Pre-HM advice: Set out a WoF platform. Use stone if you want biomes (like corruption) to grow on it.
Then grind for a Demon Scythe, and the reat of the Wall of Flesh is up to you.
Early HM: Looks like you're having trouble. Make the Onyx Blaster and the Sky Fracture, for easy mob grinding.

On console, if you are holding a nimbus rod, you can access any chest that is on screen, even if it is out of your normal range

True, but I was thinking about Pre Hardmode Weapons.
I did it with lights bane.

Use sharanga as soon as you can, that absolutely wrecks the wall of flesh. (Only on mobile though).
Water bolt, blah, blah, blah, celestial pillar order, eye of Cthulhu fight, done.
Use terra blade on plantera. Light discs also work well
Golem... lol
You can turn dirt into bait or money or ammo on mobile.
Shurikens wreck the eoc.
Car is op. (Clockwork assault rifle)
And a ton of other tips.

1. When you make a new world, go to the ocean and fish up the reaver shark. With this you can go to the underworld and mine hellstone pretty early on, giving you the best pre-hardmode ore even before king slime!
2. You can easily afk bosses by using the spike trick. Make a little box for you to stand in, then put spikes where you will stand. Add honey inside the box for quick regeneration. (Campfires and heart lanterns help too) This will make it to where the boss can't hurt you because the spikes are hurting you first. Use summons to kill the boss while you are away! If you want to kill the boss faster, adding traps can help. Hope this helps!:nursehappy:

Back
Top Bottom