• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Tool TML.Patcher - Unpack and Decompile .tmod Files With Ease

steviegt6

Official Terrarian
TML.Patcher
logo.png

Latest Version:
v0.1.3.0 | 4/28/2021

Name Explanation
"Why is it called TML.Patcher when it's not capable of patching anything?"
That's pretty simple. The original and remaining goal of this project is to serve as an easy way to patch and modify .tmod files at the user's will. It's currently still in its early stages, however, and is only able to unpack and decompile .tmod files and their stored assemblies.

Obligatory Disclaimer
This software is in no way affiliated with tModLoader, the tML team, or the tML brand. This is a purely fan-made, unendorsed tool to aid any users in unpacking, decompiling (and eventually patching) .tmod files at their own will. I do not condone or encourage stealing or otherwise maliciously using copyrighted content without consent directly from the copyright owner. This software was not made to allow a user to steal code, sprites, or any other assets packed in a .tmod file. This software was developed with the intention to allow better cross-mod compatibility and add-ons through the use of directly referencing DLLs, fixing bugs, cross-referencing conflicting code, and to examine mod code etc.

Installation

Installation is extremely simple. All you need is
.NET 5.0. Once you have .NET 5.0 installed, you should be able to download and unzip the attached file and run "TML.Patcher.Frontend.exe". First-time installations will ask you if you want to download "ilspycmd". Say yes if you plan on decompiling mods. This program should be Mac & Linux compatible, and should automatically detect your Mod Loader\Mods folder on most PCs.

Usage

Using the program is pretty simple. I don't currently have the time to write out a full tutorial but all the options are self-explanatory. Do note that you need to extract a mod before decompiling it, though.

⇾ Download ⇽

GitHub - Discord
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
# 0.1.3.0
* Added light-weight mod unpacking through drag-and-dropping.
* Added the ability to add TML.Patcher.Frontend to the file context menu.

# 0.1.2.0
* Added a logo to the program.
* Added a progress bar with a configurable length.
* Official internal code clean-up and splitting.
* Added One Drive directory detection.
* Added configurable page count.
* Moved release notes and credits to their own page.

# 0.1.1.0
* Considerably quicker extracting speeds.
* Mac & Linux support.
* Behind-the-scenes code clean-up.

# 0.1.0.0
Initial public release. Unpacking, decompilation, mod listings, etc.

Last edited:

pollen__

Skeletron Prime
Thank you, now I can use *insert some content from calamity* in my mod! Thank you so much Stevie I can finally achieve my dreams and become a real modder!!!!! <2

darthmorf

Staff member
Thank you, now I can use *insert some content from calamity* in my mod! Thank you so much Stevie I can finally achieve my dreams and become a real modder!!!!! <2
You may be joking here but to be clear - this is plagiarism and strongly against forum rules. Anyone using other people's art, code or other content without permission is not acceptable.

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
It's a shame, too. There are some mods whose authors have vanished off the face of the internet and people would really love to continue their work, because they're mods that people can't even imagine not using in their mod list.

But I get it. :-/ Tough times, mang. Tough times.

Thanks for the mod! Best of luck with the rest of it!

steviegt6

Official Terrarian
It's a shame, too. There are some mods whose authors have vanished off the face of the internet and people would really love to continue their work, because they're mods that people can't even imagine not using in their mod list.

But I get it. :-/ Tough times, mang. Tough times.

Thanks for the mod! Best of luck with the rest of it!
Under most circumstances, it's easy to make a successor regardless of access to the code since it's usually obvious how something is done.

JamzOJamz

Terrarian
Ok this looks super useful! you must ha ve really put effort into this to make it ! I Will use it in all of my mods because it's amazing and super useful! Thanks and keep up the great work :happy:

steviegt6

Official Terrarian
New TML.Patcher release coming soon, featuring frontend and backend changes as well as considerably improved unpacking speeds and Mac & Linux support.

Top Bottom