[tModLoader] GIMJ's Terraria Overhauls

I already nerfed tattered cloth drops, but it needs even more (since it only takes 10 to make a spawn item, so you can almost infinitely farm this.. not what I want)
Next update more shadowflame will drop, and instead of dropping shadowflame throwing knife ONLY in hardmode the goblin thief will drop regular throwing knife
You can of course still craft the Shadowflame Throwing Knife
The shadowflame knife functions like a bone glove and consumes shadowflame knives to make them stronger.This makes it extremely useful for the throwing class early hardmode.I was able to get up to 80 dmg by having menacing on all of my accessories and all of the damage ups + corrupt heart from terranova.Are there going to be any upgrades to fossil armor.It seems like the thrower needs a hardmode armor.There also is daybreak the javelin that is a "melee weapon".Maybe another pillar could be added later

The shadowflame knife functions like a bone glove and consumes shadowflame knives to make them stronger.This makes it extremely useful for the throwing class early hardmode.I was able to get up to 80 dmg by having menacing on all of my accessories and all of the damage ups + corrupt heart from terranova.Are there going to be any upgrades to fossil armor.It seems like the thrower needs a hardmode armor.
Shadowflame Knife shouldn't be using any kind of ammo, but it does deal throwing damage. Currently custom projectiles aren't working.. I'll possibly add more thrower items, but that won't be in the events module, but in items.

might have to fix the knife
Oh woops. It seems I've left that piece of code in somehow. Welp, I've removed it for now. I was fiddling around with it for a while, but it wouldn't work the way I wanted it. Redownload it from OP and it should be fixed.

Its kinda boring in prehardmode because there is almost no events but the goblin invasion wich does'nt have many items -_-
its only throwing and ranged, i think more would find goblin invasion more farmable in Pre-hardmode if there was like meele and "other" things such as a mage like waterbolt dropped(or crafted) from the goblin caster.
I'm going to add something for pre HC in goblin invasion
Also more items such as waterbolt will become craftable / more findable in the 'Items' module. People just need to tell me which items they want covered :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1439315474,1439315365][/DOUBLEPOST]If anyone could sprite this for me
http://prntscr.com/83gju6

I agree with @turnipofpower. Throwers need Hardmode armor to make them viable. Maybe even some more Hardmode throwing weapons wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: Even Summoners have a hard time getting by with so few Pre-Hardmode tools and the difficult gap between the Spider Staff and the Optic Staff.

For that weapon? Just something gray-ish like lead
Last version,
Axe.png

I made my own version of it, you can use it if you want
View attachment 70801
I don't know about those. They seem, weird. I'm not sure. The picture I uploaded looks less curved to me (I'm talking about the handle)
Also feel free to fiddle around with the sharp points of the axe itself, pixel art will always be different than concept art to make it look better.
So basically: I think you guys can do better 8D

Made a crimson version of the nights edge just for fun
It has all of the color schemes of the other swords :p View attachment 70829
I'm going to make another mod series called 'Additions' which will be similar to these. The only difference is that this series changes how vanilla works, the Additions series will add stuff to the game. But first I want a good solid base for these modules. Projectiles still aren't working that good imo, we'll definitely need to wait for at least v0.4 of tModLoader
[DOUBLEPOST=1439377785,1439377263][/DOUBLEPOST]Also upcoming changes for v0.1.1a Events module
  • Shadowflame Knife now uses Shadowflame Throwing Knife as ammo, 66% chance to not consume ammo
  • Goblin Thief now drops regular Throwing Knife rather than Shadowflame Throwing Knife. It can of course, still be crafted.
This should help out the thrower class a bit. I'll add more stuff for thrower class in my additions mod which will, obviously, come at a later time.
Also, Blood Moon and Goblin Invasion will have pre-HM content, especially weapons. They'll also both get their own potion. I'm not sure about the names for them yet. The potion of Blood Moon will increase your life and life regen. slightly, whereas the Goblin Invasion potion will increase your melee damage and your melee speed slightly. So basically guys, I need a ton of Blood Moon and Goblin Invasion style related weapons, and designs for those 2 potions. For flasks you might want to take a look here for some inspiration: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/designs/gameart/?order=9&q=flask

I wish I was good at spriting. *sigh*

I don't know about those. They seem, weird. I'm not sure. The picture I uploaded looks less curved to me (I'm talking about the handle)
Also feel free to fiddle around with the sharp points of the axe itself, pixel art will always be different than concept art to make it look better.
So basically: I think you guys can do better 8D

I'm going to make another mod series called 'Additions' which will be similar to these. The only difference is that this series changes how vanilla works, the Additions series will add stuff to the game. But first I want a good solid base for these modules. Projectiles still aren't working that good imo, we'll definitely need to wait for at least v0.4 of tModLoader
[DOUBLEPOST=1439377785,1439377263][/DOUBLEPOST]Also upcoming changes for v0.1.1a Events module
  • Shadowflame Knife now uses Shadowflame Throwing Knife as ammo, 66% chance to not consume ammo
  • Goblin Thief now drops regular Throwing Knife rather than Shadowflame Throwing Knife. It can of course, still be crafted.
This should help out the thrower class a bit. I'll add more stuff for thrower class in my additions mod which will, obviously, come at a later time.
Also, Blood Moon and Goblin Invasion will have pre-HM content, especially weapons. They'll also both get their own potion. I'm not sure about the names for them yet. The potion of Blood Moon will increase your life and life regen. slightly, whereas the Goblin Invasion potion will increase your melee damage and your melee speed slightly. So basically guys, I need a ton of Blood Moon and Goblin Invasion style related weapons, and designs for those 2 potions. For flasks you might want to take a look here for some inspiration: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/designs/gameart/?order=9&q=flask

I wish I was good at spriting. *sigh*
Gimj_Tomahawk.png
Gimj_Tomahawk_Large.png
I changed the handles :p
Also, do you prefer the small or large one?

Does anyone have like a nail/nails sprite? Or make one? Will be a material dropped by goblins.

Back
Top Bottom