Xbox 360 Today Terraria Update came out of nowhere and deleted all my saves

OPA

Terrarian
Thank you so much for doing this, im SO pissed off right now,
i dont know what to say, i been huge fan of the game and have been playing the game very very much with my brother and kids..
today came game update on xbox360 version.. ok i let it updated and started the game.. then this happened,
it said something went wrong and says it deletes my worlds.. ALL of them.. just like that, and NO was not an option there!?

I mean what the hell?? sorry my language, but this is so annoying! you spend hundreds of hours with the game and
then you have no change to avoid losing EVERYTHING?!

Please answer me something?? Is there a way to get my worlds back??

-olli

i dont know what to say, i been huge fan of the game and have been playing the game very very much with my brother and kids..
today came game update on xbox360 version.. ok i let it updated and started the game.. then this happened,
it said something went wrong and says it deletes my worlds.. ALL of them.. just like that, and NO was not an option there!?

I mean what the hell?? sorry my language, but this is so annoying! you spend hundreds of hours with the game and

-olli
I think Loki responded to you in the announcement thread, but please go to your system settings and check your storage to verify that your save data has actually been deleted. Apparently there has been an issue in the past where communication between the profile and the saves was lost seemingly deleting them only to have them return later.

It said that the world I had and character were transfered from another file, but I never transfered anything, at all. Now I lost my character and world that I spend so much time on.... I don't wanna redo it all again.... I had beaten a majority of the bosses and was doing so well..... ):

Can you please go to your system settings > storage > games and apps > Terraria and check to make sure whether or not your save files are still there?? Some people have experienced issues with their saves becoming disassociated with their accounts and thus 'disappearing' only to return later.

I'm unsure since I just made a new world and character. I believe so.. 64kb for characters and 19mb for worlds..
[DOUBLEPOST=1434178801,1434178701][/DOUBLEPOST]But it did say that they were being deleted when I loaded the game this morning before I lost them...

Attachments

• 14341786719781496804274.jpg
    14341786719781496804274.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 520

-olli
Same problem here. Any solution?

I'm unsure since I just made a new world and character. I believe so.. 64kb for characters and 19mb for worlds..
[DOUBLEPOST=1434178801,1434178701][/DOUBLEPOST]But it did say that they were being deleted when I loaded the game this morning before I lost them...
I think your saves might still be there, but they're just not associating with your account for some reason... Making new worlds/chars might risk overwriting them... have you heard anything back from 505?

Same problem here. Any solution?
Have you checked your game data in your system settings? Your saves might not be gone. I'm unsure yet about a solution though some people have stated that their saves returned on their own after some time had passed.

Have you checked your game data in your system settings? Your saves might not be gone. I'm unsure yet about a solution though some people have stated that their saves returned on their own after some time had passed.
i checked the game data and the game deleted my profile and worlds data and create a new files. this in insane. i spent more than 150 hours of my life in this game :mad::mad:!! i think developers have to take reponsability for this issue :sigh:.

i checked the game data and the game deleted my profile and worlds data and create a new files. this in insane. i spent more than 150 hours of my life in this game :mad::mad:!! i think developers have to take reponsability for this issue :sigh:.
How do you know the files are new??

How do you know the files are new??
Well, because the new files have the exactly the same date (and hour) of the update, and all the data i had saved are gone. The question is just, why i lost all my progress because an update? :confused:

I noticed that when I create a Medium world its savedata is about 6 mb, but at this moment file size is about 30 mb, do you think it could be here my lost data? I want to know if there is any chance to recover my lost data! ;(

Well, because the new files have the exactly the same date (and hour) of the update, and all the data i had saved are gone. The question is just, why i lost all my progress because an update? :confused:

I noticed that when I create a Medium world its savedata is about 6 mb, but at this moment file size is about 30 mb, do you think it could be here my lost data? I want to know if there is any chance to recover my lost data! ;(
I think there might be but I can't be sure :/

Same has happened to me, it said I have corrupt files and it's really bugged me my Character is still saved onto my memory stick but my World isn't. I had every NPC on that World and loads more, oh, and come to think of it, it deleted ALL my other Worlds too! Please help!

Back
Top Bottom