By zombie I mean:
- Has AU of zombie
- Resembles zombie (in a sense of size and anatomy)
- Goblin army. There are 3 zombie enemies, but that's completelly fine because it is early game.
- Pirate invasion. Now, there things start to get questionable. There are still two enemies who behave just like zombies, and they have no special perks. Other enemies also resemble zombie. You might say "duh, they are human, what else can they resemble", and that's true. But there are many ways to make it more creative. For example, a pirate who rolls cannon. Or a pirate who rolls big barrel that explodes into swarm of little jumping monkeys. Or, since, flying Dutchman is flying, we could have small flying boats
- Pumpkin moon. There are two zombie enemies (Scarecrow and splinterning), and it isn't that great. Event has other monsters, though, so I don't see many problems with that.
- Frost moon. Well, it does have two zombie enemies (Gingerbread man and zombie elf), but... it's totally okay! Frost moon has many interesting monsters, and even these little ones after few waves are replaced with much cooler (and bigger, which is more important) versions of zombie au (Krampus and Yeti). No complains here.
- Martian madness... well. This one is the worst. An event just before Celestial Pillars has... most boring enemies. They are so small, unnoticable and meaningless... uh.
- Grey grunt. Just a zombie. In nearly endgame event. From a developed race that uses lasers and rockets. There's literally no reason for him to exist. Seriously. He should just be removed from the game
- Ray gunner and brain scrambler. I really wonder why do they have such lazy design. I mean, the only difference is that one of them wears aquarium. Aliens are so small and in the end game you have really good speed, so you don't see any difference between them. One of them should be removed or replaced with some sort of robot or bigger alien.
- Martian Officer. Again, zombie, just with shield. You kinda see that his shield restores, but in reality, you really don't care. It's just usual zombie, and you just have to not touch him when you have to get down on the ground. Solution: give him some small vehicle (Like Elfcopter), and that vehicle could have shield.
- Martian Engineer. Recolor of outfit, awesome. Really boring enemy. Solution: Replace him with some sort of spider robot (big enough to actually notice), which spawns turrets.
- Gigazapper. Like, any of you, did you know what he actually does before you checked the wiki? I didn't know that he even exist before I got his banner. I actually didn't know about "many" enemies in martian madness even before I checked the wiki.
- Martian Sauser. There two ways to make enemies who will drop most important loot: One is to create several boss enemies, each has unique attacks and unique item drops, and if you are missing some items, from, say, Santank, you could focus on killing him rather then on Everscram or Frost Queen. Other way is just make one overpowered enemy for whole event and you have to constantly grind it for the loot, because other mobs drop nothing and don't even have any good contribution to the progress bar (Unlike moons, where later waves give you bigger chance to get loot).
- Scutlux and Martian Walker. Sure, they are... okay, but that's it? These two are biggest enemies for a whole event? No big robots, no big alien creatures (Something like Alien Lord from spelunky, for example)? Heck, even if these two had been just a little bit bigger could have made situation better.