Blocks & Decoration Too Much Banners! New Statues!

Is this a good idea.

• Yes it is and I like...(Tell me what you like.)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I see its potential, but it needs....(Comment what you think it needs or needs to changed.)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, I don't enjoy this idea because...(Tell me what you don't enjoy about this and needs changing.)

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Shaedric

Golem
Many people get frustrated with banners. Some want it once, others want it to be changed. But here is my idea to do something else with them.

As you guys know, some statues can spawn mobs, but they aren't renewable and are hard to find.
So what I suggest is that you can make spawnable statues by 50-100 stone blocks (Pearlstone for Hallow enemies, Ebonstone for Corruption Enemies, etc.) and 2 banners.
Pillar mobs use 20 stardust fragment blocks. Jungle uses Mudstone Bricks. Underworld uses Obsidian Bricks. Ocean will have to decided. Dungeon can use dungeon bricks or possibly bones. Sky uses Clouds or Sunplate.

Now some of you may say, "Won't this break rng drops?!" That is where all of you, as a community come in. You will all help me decide which mobs keep a normal loot pool, without coins, and ones that have no drops at all.Edit: @XenoCat suggested moving the decimal right, lowering the chance. Still can be changed.

Nothing

Nothing

Statues underground are unique. They will randomly spawn a variant of the spawnable mob. Wires affect mobs with color variants. (Slimes, etc.) Hornet statue now summons hornet underground spawns variants. Tree statues increase critter spawn.

Some statues now have a aesthetic feature, some similar to the mushroom statue.
The Reaper statues eyes glow a dark purple. Glooms eye turns red. Potion has smoke coming from the top.

Keep in mind that this is still a WIP, so don't expect things to be kept the same.

Last edited:
Yes, please. Not sure what you mean by
Now some of you may say, "Won't this break rng drops?!" That is where all of you, as a community come in. You will all help me decide which mobs keep a normal loot pool, without coins, and ones that have no drops at all..
though.

I'm asking more as should they go the route of the mimic statue, and not drop anything. or should they just stay like normal chest mobs.

I'm asking more as should they go the route of the mimic statue, and not drop anything. or should they just stay like normal chest mobs.
I would say that nothing drops anything. I'm guessing simpler mobs can keep their drops though. However, they drop at a lower rate :)

I think that any rare drops they have, the number could move to the right once.

Ex. 0.02% drop chance changes to 0.002%.

I dislike this idea, not because of the RNG (But I'm also against this idea for that reason too) but because it would make finding statues underground non-unique and boring, almost like finding a work bench underground.
Also what about the all powerful heart/star statues?

Hmm. This is going to be a long ways away from being stable. Statues of all types can be found underground. These statue have a gold pedestal and spawns 9 mobs max. That and they provide a slight buff against the mob.

The Heart and Star statues require their respective crystal, but provide weaker buffs and take longer to spawn, their gold counter parts are faster and provide a stronger heart/star.
Does these sound like a good idea?

Hmm. This is going to be a long ways away from being stable. Statues of all types can be found underground. These statue have a gold pedestal and spawns 9 mobs max. That and they provide a slight buff against the mob.

The Heart and Star statues require their respective crystal, but provide weaker buffs and take longer to spawn, their gold counter parts are faster and provide a stronger heart/star.
Does these sound like a good idea?

No, simply because heart crystals are incredibly easy to find. I have about 50 in storage all from one world and if I wanted more it would be as simple as making a new world to harvest. Having the ability to create heart/star statues is just way too OP, regardless of how much you nerf it.

Also I dislike the gold pedestal statues because it doesn't fit in with the underground theme as much as the regular stone statues do.

No, simply because heart crystals are incredibly easy to find. I have about 50 in storage all from one world and if I wanted more it would be as simple as making a new world to harvest. Having the ability to create heart/star statues is just way too OP, regardless of how much you nerf it.

Also I dislike the gold pedestal statues because it doesn't fit in with the underground theme as much as the regular stone statues do.
How about only certain ones can be found. These certain ones are different. The found Skeleton statue is randomized between all variants.. Piranha switches between versions. The Slime cycles between the Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, and Purple. Bird cycles through all the versions. Same as bat. Mimic switches between all 4 regular versions. Jellyfish switches between Green, Pink, and Blue. Wires also affect what version comes out based on wire color.

Back
Top Bottom