Town Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazymonkeyz1

Skeletron Prime
Hello Terrarians! I've never been good at building, but for 1.3 I REALLY want to build a cool-looking town. I usually just build box houses. Not this time. I made this thread to get some ideas on how to build my city. What material? What should the buildings look like? Should there be a theme? Post your suggestions below! I have like 5 days before I can play 1.3 because I need to order a windows 8 upgrade so I'll have time to consider each one!

Well, Sunplate Block was always an cool block for building....
Maybe an castle and a little "Witche's House" made of Sunplate?

It's a great idea to base a large project on a theme. The only issue is that doing so can obviously limit your design choices. Do you have a favourite style of architecture in real life that you can base your creations on? There are many styles to choose from and you can take inspiration from fantasy, history and even sci-fi. I would perhaps wait until you know more about 1.3 and the new materials that await us until you decide exactly what it is you want to build.

I shall personally be building my 1.3 world with the goal of creating a city/town in the style of these images, which show the colossal Albert Memorial Tower that was proposed in 1904 to be built in Westminster, London but was unfortunately never built.

Albert-Towe_600.jpg
unbuilt_albert.jpg

Whatever theme you decide on, be sure to gather lots of images as inspiration and try various block/paint combinations to get the exact look you want. If you do decide what theme you would like to try I'd be happy to suggest which blocks you could use.

Maybe settle down in a Granite minibiome? A secret underground hot spring with granite, placed gems everywhere, and houses made of Marble to contrast against the Granite background?

It's a great idea to base a large project on a theme. The only issue is that doing so can obviously limit your design choices. Do you have a favourite style of architecture in real life that you can base your creations on? There are many styles to choose from and you can take inspiration from fantasy, history and even sci-fi. I would perhaps wait until you know more about 1.3 and the new materials that await us until you decide exactly what it is you want to build.

I shall personally be building my 1.3 world with the goal of creating a city/town in the style of these images, which show the colossal Albert Memorial Tower that was proposed in 1904 to be built in Westminster, London but was unfortunately never built.

View attachment 59870
View attachment 59871

Whatever theme you decide on, be sure to gather lots of images as inspiration and try various block/paint combinations to get the exact look you want. If you do decide what theme you would like to try I'd be happy to suggest which blocks you could use.

That sounds like a great idea! Are you going to post the results on the forum?

Just realized that Granite Elementals can pass through blocks. In which case, they probably act like Wraiths, so build high up. Maybe floating houses of Marble, accessible by multiple dangling Web Rope that almost touch the ground but don't, with a hot spring of water at the bottom, surrounded by placed gems of all colors?

That sounds like a great idea! Are you going to post the results on the forum?

I suppose that depends on how well it turns out, haha.

I've planned on progressing through my next world rather slowly and I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get to the stage where I can build the city, as I hope to make it quite intricate. I've seen some amazing creations on these forums though and I suppose feel a bit daunted at the prospect of putting my own things up. But yes, if I'm successful I would like to post it eventually.

I'm not good at building neither with towns (village like) but I would like to do in the future something like a fisher village, in ocean biome maybe you should try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom