Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I want to believe that this isn't new information but, I tried looking to see if it was reported already and I didn't see anything on it. 🤷‍♂️🍹

I didn't discover this glitch myself & I have no idea if the person who did was using Mods or something, or what PC specs they have, but I can point you to the source so the devs can confirm/ deconfirm it's existence.
  • Not sure is purchased from Steam or GOG.
  • Not sure what version of Windows or Linux players are using.
  • Not sure if using Keyboard/ Mouse or Controller.

In the video, glitch is spotted in 22:01 timestamp.

I did some experimenting and figured out the setup:

- I've got the Steam version
- I'm playing on Windows 10
- I'm using mouse and keyboard
- No mods
- Seems to only work in Multiplayer

Dupe bug setup.png

Pictured here is the minimum setup for the glitch. The back wall behind the sign is essential, as you cannot place a sign directly on top of a trap door.

To start duplication, toggle Smart Cursor to On. Then hover the cursor below where the trap door is placed (highlighted in the picture). Hovering the mouse above that won't work. Open and close the trap door and the sign will duplicate.

Side note: the Sign can be replaced with an Item Frame or a Lever. Those will also duplicate.

Edit: some more notes.
- After duplicating, trying to reclaim the Sign/other with your pickaxe will NOT result in a drop.
- Trying to duplicate an Item Frame with an item on it will drop said item once. In other words, only the Item Frame is duplicated.

Last edited:
I did some experimenting and figured out the setup:

- I've got the Steam version
- I'm playing on Windows 10
- I'm using mouse and keyboard
- No mods
- Seems to only work in Multiplayer

Dupe bug setup.png

Pictured here is the minimum setup for the glitch. The back wall behind the sign is essential, as you cannot place a sign directly on top of a trap door.

To start duplication, toggle Smart Cursor to On. Then hover the cursor below where the trap door is placed (highlighted in the picture). Hovering the mouse above that won't work. Open and close the trap door and the sign will duplicate.

Side note: the Sign can be replaced with an Item Frame or a Lever. Those will also duplicate.

Edit: some more notes.
- After duplicating, trying to reclaim the Sign/other with your pickaxe will NOT result in a drop.
- Trying to duplicate an Item Frame with an item on it will drop said item once. In other words, only the Item Frame is duplicated.
Can you send the image again? i cant do it just with the explanation

Back
Top Bottom