Switch Treasure Bags Broke

JakeHasNoLife

Terrarian
(Any different treasure bags not dropping workarounds that anybody knows about?)

So I know many people have reported this bug on here and in normal bug reports, I have too. But I have the same problem with bags not dropping but potions will and everything. I have tried the workaround by restarting my switch but it didn't help anything so I'm just here to see if there were any other workarounds? Kinda impossible to progress my game currently. :(

So just beat Skeletron Prime because he spawned naturally, have literally beat all 3 mech bosses (destroyer 4 times) (twins 2 times) and skeletron once! I got ONE treasure bag from destroyer and that was the ONLY treasure bag I ever got from the mech bosses, I cant even describe the frustration because it takes a lot of work to beat them and I get NOTHING as a reward it really sucks :(

(Any different treasure bags not dropping workarounds that anybody knows about?)

So I know many people have reported this bug on here and in normal bug reports, I have too. But I have the same problem with bags not dropping but potions will and everything. I have tried the workaround by restarting my switch but it didn't help anything so I'm just here to see if there were any other workarounds? Kinda impossible to progress my game currently. :(
Hi there Jake, sorry to hear you’re running into this issue. Interesting that the workaround of turning off the Switch hasn’t helped.

If you haven’t already, I’d encourage you to send in as much detail as you can straight to the developers (what gear are you wearing, what biome you’re in, what size world, how long has the Switch been on, etc). If they get enough information from the players experiencing this, it might help them pin down the cause of the issue. Send the bug report here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Thanks for responding! Does suck that it's happening, but I guess what can you do? I have sent in a bug report so that's all good. Guess I just need to wait for the (hopefully soon) patch! Also I apologize for the duplicate thread, enjoy your day/night! :happy:

Weird, just beat WoF twice and got 2 treasure bags, so I decided "Hey I guess I should fight the twins again so that i actually get their treasure bag too!" but I didn't get a bag from them, I dont even know anymore lol :confused:

Also I hope this glitch is one of the topmost priorities for the next patch :happy:

Treasure bags have started dropping! I turned off my arena (uses crabs for mana because I'm playing mage) and they started dropping! I dont know why the crabs would affect that? They dont drop items so they aren't filling the item limit (I know mana stars and hearts count but those were picked up consistently) So I'm just using Mana Regen potions now to fight bosses and they are dropping bags! Mana Regen feels more "legit" anyway for some reason :cool:
Thanks Unit One for the responses! Hopefully I wont have to report anymore bugs! :)

EDIT- Queen Bee has not dropped bags recently but I'm hoping the other bosses are still working ;D

Last edited:

Same thing happened to me with moon Lord three times! He dropped potions and purple message said he was defeated but not treasure bags or achievement!
Switch - Moonlord bug

Yeah I need to delete the message that it was fixed for me because queen bee has stopped dropping bags. Just hoping it doesnt happen with any different bosses!
Oh okay I was going to turn off my wired statues and try again tomorrow but I'll keep you posted. It didn't happen to me all game until MoonLord where I used statues for the hearts.

Oh okay I was going to turn off my wired statues and try again tomorrow but I'll keep you posted. It didn't happen to me all game until MoonLord where I used statues for the hearts.
Yeah definitely turn them off, I'm thinking queen bee only didn't drop her bag because of how crazy the jungle can get! Please keep me posted and maybe we'll actually figure it out lol :confused:

Interesting that turning off the statues seemed to help the treasure bags. If you guys find that this consistently is something that has a correlation, that may be info worth sending to the developers. For those stopping by and reading, here’s the link for that: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

I got rid of statues including the heart statues and he dropped the treasurebag as well as getting the achievement!

I got rid of statues including the heart statues and he dropped the treasurebag as well as getting the achievement!
Awesome! I fought Queen Bee above ground just to test and she dropped her treasure bag too, but I feel like statues are 100% a big cause of the glitch. Also, good work defeating moon lord on expert! :)
I'm trying to beat expert Duke before Plantera, and I have a truffle worm farm so infinite tries!
EDIT: Truffle worm farm breaks because blocks become actuated/unactuated at wrong times and mess up hoiks and spawning platforms, also engines cause ththe game to crash yay!

Last edited:
Interesting that turning off the statues seemed to help the treasure bags. If you guys find that this consistently is something that has a correlation, that may be info worth sending to the developers. For those stopping by and reading, here’s the link for that: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

man, i have made some tests with a artificial jungle i made:
-wired together 4 hearts statues;
-wired then separated;
-put a heart lantern;
-put a campfire;
-put traps (dart/fire);

every step i killed a queen bee (and a twins on final) and get bag every time :confused:

Back
Top Bottom