Blocks & Decoration Treasure Shelf, Find your own Treasure!

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
Hey guys, Dakota here. Now, I want to ask you guys something. As kids, did you ever just like to take little 'treasures' around like bottle caps or rocks that you though looked neat? Maybe even a dulled shard of a smashed bottle. If not, then I guess that was just me. I loved doing it though, it seemed like an adventure to me. Even today I find myself grabbing little rocks that I think look cool by the creek. So I want to suggest something similar to fit into Terraria. Special items that aren't exactly useful, but maybe just make the world a bit more lively.

Treasure Shelf
The Treasure Shelf is a large shelf that has 3 rows of platforms in it that can hold 3 tiles worth of treasures you come across while you explore the world. It is crafted with 15 Wood at the Sawmill.

It can hold up to 9 normal sized treasures, some being a bit bigger than the others. Most treasures that are placed into the shelf are only 1x1.

Treasures
Here is a list of Treasures, each having a short description about them. They all have the Grey rarity. All of theme have No Value

Lihzhard Gizmo - Lihzhard Temple
Lih=zhard Gadget.png

A small, rectangular device. It's function is unknown It has a small orange light on it's left side that glows orange.

Sparkling Ice – Underground Ice
Sparkling Ice.png

A small glowing piece of ice that can be harvested. It glows light blue.

Creature Skull - Desert

The skull of an unknown creature found in the desert. It has one horn broken off.

Ancient Coin – Cavern Layer
Ancient Coin.png

A small, bent, rusted coin than is slightly larger than a normal one. It has the same color a Lead.

Dubloon – Ocean
Dubloon.png

A slightly oxidized copper dubloon found under the Ocean. It shimmers from time to time.

Starfish - Beach

Starfishes on the beach can be harvested.

Sand Dollar - Beach
Sand Dollar.png

Same as Starfish.

Bent Bone - Dungeon
index-6.png

A bone that is bent at a slight curve. This is 1x2.

Old Spellbook - Dungeon
index-5.png

An old book that is almost just a cover at this point.

Stone Carving – Carvern Layer
index-4.png

A little slab with random symbols carved into it.

Possessed Pebble - Dungeon
Possessed Pebble.png

A small pebble found in the Dungeon that have flames similar to a Wisp around it. It glows the same as Wisps.

Giant Stinger – Underground Jungle
Giant Stinger.png

A large green Stinger stabbed into the ground.

Fossil – Cavern Layer

A small fossil of an ancient creature. It looks like it has some sort of ridged shell.

Golden Tooth – Cavern Layer
Golden Tooth.png

An oddly enough golden tooth that sparkles from time to time.

Scrap Metal – Stone Layer / Dungeon

A slightly rounded shard of rusty metal. It looks like it belonged to some machine.

Worn Bottle - Forest
Worn Bottle.png

A small, foggy green bottle sticking straight up from the ground

Giant Snail Shell - Underground

A shell that belonged to a huge snail.

Fossilized Honey – Underground Jungle

A small bead made of hardened Honey.

Pharaoh Cloth - Pyramids

A scrap of cloth found randomly in a Pyramid that used to belong to a Pharaoh.

Pharaoh Gut - Pyramids

Found by smashing open Pyramid Pots. There is a 100% chance of getting one. Which organ is it? It's beyond us!

Lucky Demon’s Foot - Underworld
index-1.png

A demon seems to have lost it's foot. That must have hurt.

Lost Demon Horn - Underworld
index.png

A demon seems to have had it's horn cut off. That must have hurt too. It sticks out of the ground upwards.

Pink Flower - Jungle

A big, beautiful flower found in the Jungle above or below ground. You lie it sideways, and is 1x2.

Tree Knot – Any Tree
They can be found randomly when cutting down trees.

Empty Nest - Any Tree
It seems some birds used to live in this.

Geode - Once every Crystal Cave

A thin rock with blue and purple crystals inside.

Broken Pickaxe - Underground Cabins

Time has not been kind to this iron tool, half of the head is missing! It lies sideways on the shelf, and is 2x1.

Spider Head - Spider Dens

It's head just fell off, no worries!

Blue Egg Shell - Any Tree

This used to be the egg of a blue bird!

Metal Drop - Overworld/Stone Layer

A small metal ball what glistens white in the light.
Vikiri = Demon Horn, Demon Foot, Worn Bottle (altered), Golden Tooth (altered), Stone Carving, Spell Book, Bent Bone, and Lihzhard Device (altered)

Beads

You may also come across small round beads through the world, each selling for 1
GoldCoin_Small.png
. You can right click them to harvest them. They each have the Blue rarity.

Red Bead - Underworld
RedBead.png

Blue Bead - Surface or Underground Snow
BlueBead.png

Green Bead - Surface or Underground Jungle
GreenBead.png

Purple Bead - Surface or Underground Corruption/Crimson
PurpleBead.png

Orange Bead - Anywhere Underground
OrangeBead.png

Yellow Bead - Once per Floating Island
YellowBead.png

Grey Bead - Dungeon
GreyBead.png

Cyan Bead - Ocean
CyanBead.png

Dark Green Bead - Overworld
DarkGreenBead.png

Brown Bead - Underground
BrownBead.png

These beads can be placed on any solid block or in the Treasure Shelf. Or when all 10 are collected, they can be made into a Vanity Accessory necklace with the Blue rarity. It is worn by equipping it in a Vanity Accessory slot. It jingles up and down.
BeadNecklace.png

Closing

That is about it for this idea. I just think that having random little things to find in the world on your journey would be cool to have. Any sprites would be appreciated, as there would be a lot to create! Anyway, thanks for reading! Dakota, out.

Last edited:
I love this idea! I too collected random cool looking stuff as a kid and still do today. It's always nice to have more decorative items as well.

Its a nice collection of things that don't hurt the game but add flavor since I don't see anything wrong with it you get my support!
Especially like the pyramid jar example

It has to be said, this isn't really that all necessary. But whilst that is a downside to the suggestion, I honestly wouldn't mind something like this to be implemented. In fact, I grant my honest support, because it fits in with certain contexts in my life and I'd like that to appear in-game. Short, simple, OK.

It has to be said, this isn't really that all necessary. But whilst that is a downside to the suggestion, I honestly wouldn't mind something like this to be implemented. In fact, I grant my honest support, because it fits in with certain contexts in my life and I'd like that to appear in-game. Short, simple, OK.

Yeah, the 'this isn't needed' is kind of obligatory, but I'm glad you like it regardless.

Yeah, I figured that. Anyways, are you planning to add more items or not?

I think so. The more the merrier! I was thinking of something along the lines of finding random colored beads in different biomes, and being able to make a little bead necklace out of them or something. Including other things.

I think so. The more the merrier! I was thinking of something along the lines of finding random colored beads in different biomes, and being able to make a little bead necklace out of them or something. Including other things.
Yeah, it's always good to expand on your general concept. Though do it in a coherent manner and remember the necessity factor.

Yeah, it's always good to expand on your general concept. Though do it in a coherent manner and remember the necessity factor.

I will try to add more things with the basic thing in mind. Like things a child might collect or something. It won't be like "Oh, this normal pile of dirt is cool. I'll take that." Nor will it add any powerful weapons or anything.

I'd love this. Personally, I've been hoping for something like it since 1.0.x... These could be background objects (like the existing ones, which need to drop items). You have my full support.

Great Idea! I like the thought of having those treasures!

only strange thing is that they should be for souveniers, but most people will probably just try to hunt them down, destroying the "having a nice or not so nice memory"

You'll always have those people who would instantly trash them and then complain about having picked them up in the first place.... I'm not one of those people, I love this.

The bead necklace should be a vanity accessory, it shouldn't occupy the hat slot

Good point, i'll add that instead.

You'll always have those people who would instantly trash them and then complain about having picked them up in the first place.... I'm not one of those people, I love this.

Probably, but they don't have to pick them up in the first place if they want to complain XD

Back
Top Bottom