NPCs & Enemies True Lost Girl

MrD108

Official Terrarian
The Nymph is a known enemy masquerading as an NPC, but I came up with the idea of an NPC that would be a friendly Nymph, also posing as a Lost Girl (in Hardmode). The difference is that she will not attack the player when he approaches her, but she turn into normal Nymph if the player attacks her.
If the player approaches a Lost Girl and it is a True Lost Girl, they can talk to her, she will say:

• "You're really not attacking me? You're stupid. But I think I'll like you."

Then she take on the appearance of a Nymph without blood and without grimace on her face, becoming a city NPC and moving to a free house. The Nymph NPC has no idea about the value of money, so she doesn't sell anything, but she can exchange any food for an hourly, random "Nymph Buff" that increases random stats or grants some bonus effects to attacks.

Nymph, as an NPC from the caves, may have knowledge of transmutations in the Shimmer. She may have an additional dialogue option "Shimmer" in which she gives tips on how Shimmer works (like "Help" from the Guide) or which directly shows which items and into what can be transmuted/disassembled (like "Crafting" from the Guide).

The Friendly Nymph's shimmer-form would be True Lost Girl's human appearance, but covered in red spots like normal Nymphs. Still no grimace on her face.

Last edited:
I think it would work better as a wanderer. Also, the buff depending on RNG is kinda weird. Maybe have it so each Food Item gives a different buff?

If she turns into a normal Nymph when you attack her, you'd never know whether or not this was the NPC version or not. Nobody gets close to Lost Girls in this game without attacking them, except for the very first time you find one.
Attacking True Lost Girl will unlock her bestiary entry, giving players a clue to her existence. The point is that after meeting an enemy Nymph in Pre-Hardmode, players should not suddenly expect to actually encounter such a good one in Hardmode.

I updated the top description with an idea for combining the Friendly Nymph with Shimmer recipes.

Back
Top Bottom