tModLoader True Tooltips 1.4

Honestly, I've had high hopes for the client functionality of both of your mods, but it's always perplexed me why you have a client-side mod assigned as a normal-side mode. That means that, if playing multiplayer, all people must use the mod, or no one can. If they were instead set as client-side mods, this would not be enforced and people could just use it if they wanted it. Usually, because a mod influences other people in multiplayer, its a normal-side mod. However, this mod should not impact any other player, so it can be safely assigned as a client-side mod.

I mean, I've wondered this with several other mods, including both WeaponsOut Lite and Colored Damage Types (both mentioned here already), so I hope you don't feel this is a horrible mistake or anything, just a common oversight. I would get to use these mods more frequently in multiplayer if they were configured for client-side usage, like many of my other client-side mods, so my purpose in this message is simply in hopes that this might happen. It sometimes feels as if almost everyone forgets this aspect of mods even exists.
It's like you said, I wasn't even aware that you have to set this up. I feel so stupid now... But i'm not surprised that many mods that could be client-side aren't with how hidden this information is. I had to dig quite a bit to find it. So I think for most mods, it's a matter of people not being aware that this is even an option. Anyway, I just updated the mod to be client-side. Thank you so much for telling me about this.

It's like you said, I wasn't even aware that you have to set this up. I feel so stupid now... But i'm not surprised that many mods that could be client-side aren't with how hidden this information is. I had to dig quite a bit to find it. So I think for most mods, it's a matter of people not being aware that this is even an option. Anyway, I just updated the mod to be client-side. Thank you so much for telling me about this.
If you could do the same for your Widgets mod, that would be awesome. Technically, sharing this with co-collaborators could be nice, so that even more mods/people are aware of this even being an option. It's a big deal in public multiplayer because people don't know that only normal-side mods need to be negotiated when preparing a multiplayer server, but people get picky about client-side mods and then wonder why some of their mods didn't auto enable by connecting to the server. If this is the normal, then not knowing isn't stupid (I mean, even Calamity's Music mod is a Normal-Side mod, which should show you that some of the most prominent mods here still don't know about this). You learned, you adjusted, looks great on you. Now just need to help spread the word.

Last edited:
If you could do the same for your Widgets mod, that would be awesome. Technically, sharing this with co-collaborators could be nice, so that even more mods/people are aware of this even being an option. It's a big deal in public multiplayer because people don't know that only normal-side mods need to be negotiated when preparing a multiplayer server, but people get picky about client-side mods and then wonder why some of their mods didn't auto enable by connecting to the server. If this is the normal, then not knowing isn't stupid (I mean, even Calamity's Music mod is a Normal-Side mod, which should show you that some of the most prominent mods here still don't know about this). You learned, you adjusted, looks great on you. Now just need to help spread the word.
Just updated the Widgets mod to be client-side as well. Now I really feel like this is holding this modding scene back. If only assigning a side to your mod was enforced and/or properly communicated, this wouldn't be an issue. No collaborators to share this with, but I'll definitely bring attention to this. Just not sure how yet. Thank you again.

I want to say my ideas here about Widget mod. Two thing I will really want to add to it is add options that allow you remove or add border at will or even color on border and background will be cool. Other I want add is resize options to all of widget or just some like you can change size of bar and/or border, actually that one I want mostly but if you can really will add it is up to you. That will be very amazing if you will do it I'll bet more people will like it even more. :) But even so I still like your mods very much. :D

I want to say my ideas here about Widget mod. Two thing I will really want to add to it is add options that allow you remove or add border at will or even color on border and background will be cool. Other I want add is resize options to all of widget or just some like you can change size of bar and/or border, actually that one I want mostly but if you can really will add it is up to you. That will be very amazing if you will do it I'll bet more people will like it even more. :) But even so I still like your mods very much. :D
Thanks for the suggestions! I plan to make widgets resizable with the next update. But i encourage you to post any further suggestions related to Widgets in the Widgets thread.

Last edited:
It will be interesting if u add stats to other than weapon/armor/fishing like hook's line/range and wing's wing time/x-y speed. Also I do saw problem in tooltip name with fargo's soul "Soul of Eternity" unique color does separate from original positions for example white tooltip white is on right place during unique color is off-set. Maybe it is mod conflict but just saying tho. I will add more suggestion and bugs report to u anytime because I like your mod very much enough to keep this mod with me whole way lol. Keep up amazing work you do. :rslime:

Unfortunately i would have to hard code things like wing-and-hook stats into the mod, so i probably won't. As for why the color is seperated, that's because it's not actually a tooltip line but an overlayed effect, so when i move the line it stays in place. There's nothing i can do about that except make the position of my lines accessible to other modders, but that relies on them using it.

Unfortunately i would have to hard code things like wing-and-hook stats into the mod, so i probably won't. As for why the color is seperated, that's because it's not actually a tooltip line but an overlayed effect, so when i move the line it stays in place. There's nothing i can do about that except make the position of my lines accessible to other modders, but that relies on them using it.
No problem! That problem is don't really bother me that much but I just saying it there for some reason and wing-and-hook stats is not big deal but understandable. But still I can say I like to thank you for this mod cuz it hugely awesome tooltips add-on and color change I am really waited for it. 👍

After updating TrueTooltips there seems to be a strange space that I can't get rid of in the item descriptions.

Attachments

• 20220407032837_1.jpg
    20220407032837_1.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 20220407032848_1.jpg
    20220407032848_1.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 95
I think it would improve visibility if the mod name was displayed at the bottom of the tooltip instead of next to the item name.

I have had incessant crashing with this mod while using calamity mod. Specifically, the mod seems to have trouble with the new Biome Blade and it's upgrades (Broken Biome Blade, Biome Blade, True Biome Blade, and Galaxia) Also, even though the Ark Of The Ancients and it's upgrades are similar I did not have any trouble with them, or the Ark Of The Cosmos either. If I had to guess it might be because all of the Biome Blades can switch through multiple sets of attacks with different stats. I hope you have luck fixing this.

Hello! I maked russian translation for this mod. Can you add it in your mod?

P.s. What mean point One drop logo?

Hello, sorry to bother, but where does one find the changelog for the mod? It doesn't seem to be here, nor on steam, nor on github... where haven't I looked?

Hello, sorry to bother, but where does one find the changelog for the mod? It doesn't seem to be here, nor on steam, nor on github... where haven't I looked?
You can look through the commits on GitHub. It's under the green button that says "Code".

Back
Top Bottom