Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No, not really (state why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why not... (propose suggestion)

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

CraftedNightmare Here!

Official Terrarian
Remember when we had a hard time seeing the Boss HP bar (especially when fighting Destroyer)? Well, I propose a tweak to that:

Whenever we fight a boss, a bar will appear below your hearts (Your HP bar). That'll display the bosses health. And, if possible, the defense and an icon of the boss. Now, if you're fighting more than 1 boss, there'll be more bars below the HP. The size of them will be smaller depending on how many bosses there is.

I don't know if this can be a toggle option, or just be added, but either way, it'll make fighting bosses a bit easier.

(if anyone can make a concept of it, that'll be great!)

Definitely support, since it's sometimes kinda annoying to look at those small HP bars while fighting bosses ( yes, I'm looking at you Duke in third phase... ), so it could use such a tweak.

Bars shouldn't be too big, just size enough to easily see those would be enough ( around height of the player's hearts and width 5 of them ) while also adding a small icon to distinguish bosses. It could be messy when summoning 200 bosses, though.

Option to switch that sounds good as well.

Bars shouldn't be too big, just size enough to easily see those bars would be enough ( around height of the player's hearts and width 5 of them ) while also adding a small icon to distinguish bosses. It could be messy when summoning 200 bosses, though.
That's what I was thinking, but around 4 hearts. But I guess that's a bit too small then

Instead of more things taking up screen space, I suggest bosses having their own "invasion bar", in which less invasion progress = less HP.
Multiple bosses? Show the last one you hit with its icon and name.

zimberzimber said:
Instead of more things taking up screen space, I suggest bosses having their own "invasion bar", in which less invasion progress = less HP.
I guess that could also work
That'll be frustrating, especially when someone wants to know how much HP is left on a boss they want down quickly, but is busy with another one

There would have to be 2 different bars then, because what if a boss apears during one ( Martian/Pirate/Pumpkin Moon ) or you just want to summon one of these conventional? (mechs, etc).

It still would be annoying to fight, because you couldn't see hp of the bosses until you hit them.

There would have to be 2 different bars then, because what if a boss apears during one ( Martian/Pirate/Pumpkin Moon ) or you just want to summon one of them (mechs, etc).

It still would be annoying to fight, because you couldn't see hp of ther bosses until you hit them.
And getting a lot of bosses wouldn't be annoying considering half of your screen will be covered in HP bars?

I guess that could also work

That'll be frustrating, especially when someone wants to know how much HP is left on a boss they want down quickly, but is busy with another one
Why would you busy with one boss when you want another dead?

zimberzimber said:
And getting a lot of bosses wouldn't be annoying considering half of your screen will be covered in HP bars?
CraftedNightmare Here! said:
Now, if you're fighting more than 1 boss, there'll be more bars below the HP. The size of them will be smaller depending on how many bosses there is.

You could have each health bar for separate type of boss. If you have 3 Pumpkings, it would display HP of the one you hit last. Summon all bosses at once? They would have some small health bars, that would be visible enough, but wouldn't take even half of screen.

That would prevent having :red:loads of HP bars, when fighting 200 Planteras for example.

You could have each health bar for separate type of boss. If you have 3 Pumpkings, it would display HP of the one you hit last. Summon all bosses at once? They would have some small health bars, that would be visible enough, but wouldn't take even half of screen.

That would prevent having :red:loads of HP bars, when fighting 200 Planteras for example.
Invasion bosses would be excluded because they are part of the invasion.

Go ahead and add 4 (all 3 mechanical bosses) health bars with a readable way of understanding whos health bar those are without taking up a fine portion of the screen (I'm talking about 1366 x 768 resolution max, not 9001^2 x 9001).

@CraftedNightmare Here! Wouldn't solve small screens having one bar take up the entire screen. (Exaggerating of course)

Invasion bosses would be excluded because they are part of the invasion.
I still think it's annoying to fight 7 Pumpkings without it, while you have another mobs in the invasion as well.
Go ahead and add 4 (all 3 mechanical bosses) health bars with a readable way of understanding whos health bar those are without taking up a fine portion of the screen (I'm talking about 1366 x 768 resolution max, not 9001^2 x 9001).
It would be smaller on lower resolutions. Not to mention that I play on 1440x900 ( tried 1366x768 ) and it would fit if you could place those properly if you leave it as it is.
There might be another option to adjust these bars for people's needs, too. You could set if it either has to overlap while attacking or show HP bars for each type of boss. I'm still for the multiple smaller bars, though.

I still think it's annoying to fight 7 Pumpkings without it, while you have another mobs in the invasion as well.
Ok, and how would you know which HP bar is related to which Pumpking?

It would be smaller on lower resolutions. Not to mention that I play on 1440x900 ( tried 1366x768 ) and it would fit if you could place those properly if you leave it as it is.
Smaller means smaller icon/name, which would make it unclear what the bar is related to.

There might be another option to adjust these bars for people's needs, too. You could set if it either has to overlap while attacking or show HP bars for each type of boss. I'm still for the multiple smaller bars, though.
What do you mean by overlap?
And showing for each type of boss would show you the amount of total HP from all bosses of the same type, meaning you would still not know which boss is closer to death. (unless I didn't get what you said right)

Back
Top Bottom