Items Two extra expert items for mech bosses

MitBoy

Terrarian
Personally, I love mechanical minecart and I think it's a good reward for 3 bosses. But some people disagree, so there's two extra Items.
First, Destroyer will drop the minecar and minecart pieces should be scrapped.

Twins drop mechanical miner's hat
Mining_Helmet.png
- it gives you 15 defence, which could be really useful in expert spelunking, has a little bit more vision (Like normal hat + Night vision helmet), and It also gives + extra 10% of mining speed. Also works with miner's set bonus.

Skeletron Prime drop nano workbench
Work_Bench.png
- it gives you ability to craft anything from workbench as long as it in your inventory. Mostly for building - might be really useful if you need to convert blocks into walls and so on.

I'm not a spriter, so I just repainted stuff :|

Last edited:
I like the workbench... and the miners hat is eeeh... a night owl effect is not worth it to sacrify some defense and the setbonus.

I'm pretty sure that everyone has thought about this but how about instead of giving additional drops to the mechanical bosses you can instead craft the pieces from their bags into additional items, not just the mine cart. So in essence where the cart take one of each you could need several pieces to make other items, such similar to the ones above.

Honestly I'd be psyched if we could craft miniature versions of the Destroyer and Prime to match our Twins summon! People already suggested in the past that if there were summons of those that Prime would gain arms per multiple summons of it and the Destroy getting more segments.

Honestly I'd be psyched if we could craft miniature versions of the Destroyer and Prime to match our Twins summon! People already suggested in the past that if there were summons of those that Prime would gain arms per multiple summons of it and the Destroy getting more segments.
It is not expert mode
About using mechanical pieces - I'm not sure if there's a point in this.

Last edited:
I meant that suggestion about Destroyer and Prime staffs is not about expert mode
WAIT, WHAT....?

how about instead of giving additional drops to the mechanical bosses you can instead craft the pieces from their bags into additional items
What else could I have possibly be referring to other than their "expert bag drops" when I typed that? I am absolutely in awe how you misunderstood that... maybe I made some kind of assumption and it isn't clear to everyone, I guess? If so I apologise. I'll try and reiterate again but perfectly clear this time:

So it seemed you were referring the the expert mode mechanical bosses' bags and their content, specifically the Mechanical Wagon Piece, Mechanical Wheel Piece, Mechanical Battery Piece and how people are disappointed in those items from those bags in those expert mode drops not living up to expectations as all three make a single niche item; the Mechanical Cart. My suggestion was to have those three pieces "Mechanical Wagon Piece, Mechanical Wheel Piece, Mechanical Battery Piece" be craftable into two more additional expert mode summoning items. One which would summon a miniature Destroyer and the other a miniature Skeletron Prime. They could be summons that work similar to the Stardust Dragon Staff, gaining pieces per times summoned, so Prime gains arms, Destroyer gains either more segments or Probes.

There have been lots of ideas for making summons of these two bosses in the past, so incorporating them as rewards from beating the bosses multiple times seems fitting, not to mention satisfying in addition to getting the Mechanical Cart. Perhaps they could even use one of each Lunar Fragments so it's creatable just prior to facing the Moon Lord? That last part's just off the top of my head but basically very end game orientated.

WAIT, WHAT....?

What else could I have possibly be referring to other than their "expert bag drops" when I typed that? I am absolutely in awe how you misunderstood that... maybe I made some kind of assumption and it isn't clear to everyone, I guess? If so I apologise. I'll try and reiterate again but perfectly clear this time:

So it seemed you were referring the the expert mode mechanical bosses' bags and their content, specifically the Mechanical Wagon Piece, Mechanical Wheel Piece, Mechanical Battery Piece and how people are disappointed in those items from those bags in those expert mode drops not living up to expectations as all three make a single niche item; the Mechanical Cart. My suggestion was to have those three pieces "Mechanical Wagon Piece, Mechanical Wheel Piece, Mechanical Battery Piece" be craftable into two more additional expert mode summoning items. One which would summon a miniature Destroyer and the other a miniature Skeletron Prime. They could be summons that work similar to the Stardust Dragon Staff, gaining pieces per times summoned, so Prime gains arms, Destroyer gains either more segments or Probes.

There have been lots of ideas for making summons of these two bosses in the past, so incorporating them as rewards from beating the bosses multiple times seems fitting, not to mention satisfying in addition to getting the Mechanical Cart. Perhaps they could even use one of each Lunar Fragments so it's creatable just prior to facing the Moon Lord? That last part's just off the top of my head but basically very end game orientated.
What I meant - why should we make these two summoning items expert exclusive? Why they can't be just as optic staff?
[DOUBLEPOST=1437659114,1437659076][/DOUBLEPOST]
WAIT, WHAT....?

What I meant - why should we make these two summoning items expert exclusive? Why they can't be just as optic staff?

I'm pretty sure that everyone has thought about this but how about instead of giving additional drops to the mechanical bosses you can instead craft the pieces from their bags into additional items, not just the mine cart. So in essence where the cart take one of each you could need several pieces to make other items, such similar to the ones above.

I covered that for you.

WHAT WAS THAT TITLE AGAIN?!
"Two extra expert items for mech bosses"

You've been answered.

As for how those pieces can be made into anything other than a cart; have you ever heard of smelting?

Last edited:
My two cents: I'd probably just make each treasure bag from the three bosses have a generic item in addition to the wagon pieces called "Mechanical Scrap" or some such, and the items you could craft from these would vary. This would make the completion of all three bosses less neccessary, but add versatility - though it'd be fair to require more than three pieces per new item. I'm not too sure on a mining equipment item since there are already so many powerful methods of mining at late game, such as the laser drill and drill containment unit. Maybe an accessory that improves mining speed or pickaxe power OUTSIDE of mounted mining speed - "Mechanical Drill Bit". I do like the idea of an in-inventory item that allows access to a basic work bench. Maybe something along the lines of "Robotic Work Bench".

Back
Top Bottom