Uber Entertainment & Planetary Annihilation Titans

Captain Cobalt

Skeletron
As many of you are aware, Uber entertainment recently released a product called Planetary Annihilation Titans. It was Planetary Annihilation with all the content we had asked for. BUT, there was a catch. It is 13.00 to people who had purchased Planetary Annihilation on steam. However, it is free to those who had purchased it on kickstarter. THEY RELEASED THE SAME GAME WITH AN UPDATE FOR MONEY. It isn't dlc either. AND TO MAKE IT WORSE, they removed Planetary Annihilation from sale. So, if you hadn't got it already, THEY RELASED AN UPDATE FOR MONEY.
And to prove that it is just an update/dlc, someone looked into the game's files and found that it is stored on the same file as Planetary Annihilation.
If you oppose this like a sensible person, Here's a petition to Annihilate the paywall: https://www.change.org/p/uber-enter...op-making-us-pay-for-what-we-already-paid-for

I've had quite a lot of experience with Uber Entertainment, most of it before Planetary Annihilation (Super Monday Night Combat), and their problem is that they're insanely overambitious. Their staff consist entirely out of AAA veterans, and that's why they think they can make AAA games with a team of about twenty, which consistently failed (MNC, SMNC, PA, HR). So they continuously run out of money for their projects which would be excellent if completed (I still play SMNC regularly even though the last update was over two years ago), but are never completed because they simply don't have the manpower. That's why they have to resort to 'cash-grabs', to not go out of business (they actually laid off about half of their team when their HR kickstarter failed).

I still visit the forums from time to time, and unfortunately, because moderators there aren't directed by any of the Uber staff, they just do what they assume is right and delete any thread that criticises Uber's business decisions, both rants and calm deconstructions, thus discrediting Uber even more.

Uber really isn't a bad guy or money grabber, they just keep getting thrown under a bus by the internet, their own fans and their own forum staff. They resort to cash-grabs out of necessity.

Back
Top Bottom