Udder Disbelief

Wildpugg

Terrarian
Could someone do math and like give me the chances of something like this happening? I'm doing a Yo-Yo play through and the first cave mob I encounter gives me a rally. Second cave mob encounter gives me a depth meter.

The chance of that happening is 0.04875% (~3.9% * 1.25%). Meaning that this will approximately happen once in ~2051 playthroughs. Rare, but by no means impossible. A low chance denotes a low probability of something happening, not if something actually can or will happen (unless its either 0 or 1, which kinda defeats the point of probability).
While the drop rates in terraria are completely useless, it's still estimated to be 3.9%
It's 3.900625% to be exact (a 98,75% chance of not getting a Depth Meter multiplied with a 98,75% chance of not getting a Compass (because getting either will prevent the Rally from getting a roll) multiplied by a 4% chance of actually getting the Rally on its roll). That's not an estimate, that's a calculation.

Drop rates are only useless if people use them wrong, using gambler fallacies, anecdotal evidence, etc.

Back
Top Bottom