Xbox One UI settings

schmoopiepoopie

Terrarian
Is there any way to make this more readable? There’s no contrast or layering, so menu text gets lost.

I’d love to play again but haven’t since the UI changed. I’m hoping there a setting I’m missing?

For reference: I’m playing on a 65” tv, about 10 ft away.

10p8ztk.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any way to make this more readable? There’s no contrast or layering, so menu text gets lost.

I’d love to play again but haven’t since the UI changed. I’m hoping there a setting I’m missing?

For reference: I’m playing on a 65” tv, about 10 ft away.
view
Hi @schmoopiepoopie, if you’re talking about the opacity/transparency of the UI, there was an opacity slider patched in a couple months ago. Here’s a video of it in use (at 0:30):

Edited to add: Now that I'm able to see your image that you attached I can see that the video I linked is probably not going to help you. Looks like you've already got that going, and what you're more concerned with is the text against the UI. I'm not sure if that has had any changes lately, sorry.

Edited to add: Now that I'm able to see your image that you attached I can see that the video I linked is probably not going to help you. Looks like you've already got that going, and what you're more concerned with is the text against the UI. I'm not sure if that has had any changes lately, sorry.

Yeah, the text is the issue. Are there any plans to fix it? Or allow a “classic mode” to improve readability?

Is it because of the tv’s resolution?

It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to really play. :( You can probably tell by the base’s construction hah

Yeah, the text is the issue. Are there any plans to fix it? Or allow a “classic mode” to improve readability?

Is it because of the tv’s resolution?

It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to really play. :( You can probably tell by the base’s construction hah
I don't think it's because of your tv's resolution, no. I don't think a change for it has been mentioned, but that doesn't mean it's been denied either. The old UI won't be coming back though, that has been mentioned. Sorry I'm not more help. I can see how it would be hard to read all the text if you're far away (like you would be on a couch).

Thanks for your replies. Adding a second layer of opacity for text would be a game-changer. I’ll hit up the suggestions section and hope for the best.

I’d love to be able to enjoy all of the cool game additions. ;(

Back
Top Bottom