Underestimating Crates...

Fishing is super amazing for when you get into hard mode. I had enough mythril and adamantite to make a anvil and two pickaxes respectively which allowed me and my friend to instantly skip to getting adamantite gear. So helpful

Wait what
Oh also, the endless water bucket was added along with the super absorbent sponge this patch. The bucket lets you create as much water as you want and the sponge can get rid of all you want

I've given up the life of adventuring and dealing with nasty mobs and taken up the life of an angler. Not sure why that kid's so grumpy all the time, it really is very rewarding. I'm convinced you can beat the game with a fishing rod now.

Anyhoo, has anyone got a Crimson crate yet? I was fishing in the Crimson for ages, definitely in the biome as I was getting Crimson fish, and definitely enough water as it covered half the screen. I was using the Fleshcatcher too - didn't get a Crimson crate. Mind you it wasn't a full moon, nor raining, so maybe my fishing power wasn't enough. Have you got one? When/how did you pull it?

Anyhoo, has anyone got a Crimson crate yet? I was fishing in the Crimson for ages, definitely in the biome as I was getting Crimson fish, and definitely enough water as it covered half the screen. I was using the Fleshcatcher too - didn't get a Crimson crate. Mind you it wasn't a full moon, nor raining, so maybe my fishing power wasn't enough. Have you got one? When/how did you pull it?

My world is corruption, and I found a corrupt crate just randomly while fishing. In pre-hardmode with no potions... so kinda of lucky for me. They can contain shadow orb/crimson heart items some times :)

I concur with fishing, I got a Seedler right after entering Hardmode. Yes, that one insanely powerful sword dropped by Plantera. We're breezing through the bosses, for better or for worse. Murdered a few Wyverns too, now my entire party has wings.

We also got tons of sailfish boots and a few Hardmode ores.

Though I swear Medium worlds are trolling me, none of the rain clouds are high up enough to yield Sky Crates, only the islands are. Is this also a problem in small worlds? Guess I'll just have to make an artificial lake once I get the bottomless water bucket.

Last edited:
You only need a single water bucket to make as much water as you want, though. Make sure tou have one and only that bucket in your inventory, and that the water from it will all flow into the pond you are making. Then just hold left click. You place more water than you pick up, so you generate infite water very fast.

You only need a single water bucket to make as much water as you want, though. Make sure tou have one and only that bucket in your inventory, and that the water from it will all flow into the pond you are making. Then just hold left click. You place more water than you pick up, so you generate infite water very fast.

It's actually better if you let the water fall a bit before picking it up so clicking 2-3 a second is better than just holding it down.

there is no possibly way that isn't a bug that'll be going away very soon

Doesn't seem like a bug, more like an oversight.

Anyway, I already got my Seedler. Not much they can patch regarding that. It is a bit OP, though.

Last edited:
Fishing doesn't give you mimic accessories, crystal shards and the like. So, I don't think there's any underestimating them on my part. Getting enough Titanium/Adamantite bars has never taken long for armour and perhaps a Repeater in the classic way of mining, and any bars afterwards are pretty much redundant. You can sell them for money, yes, but that's not hard to get either. Especially in Expert Mode.

I guess the ease of getting the stuff by sitting still and pressing M1 now and then is attractive to some, but I'm much more of a time-efficient guy.

Edit: 40 hours in Pre-HM and you use a Minishark over a Phoenix Blaster? Whaa...

...which you can't get in Pre-HM. Which is when most people are hoarding crates. I know, I didn't say exclusively pre-HM, but my point is there.

Crates you fish up pre-HM will yield HM goodies if opened in HM. Accumulating plenty of them pays off big time. I know from experience.

Back
Top Bottom