Update to 64 bit

BH5432

Terrarian
I'm, just tossing this out there. I REALLY hope that one of Re-Logics "secret" update plans Is to update terraria to 64 bit. As someone who likes playing modded the memory limit of 32 bit really gets in the way.

Agreed. No longer will memory limit be a problem to the modding community and those who enjoy mods in general, it would make the game much more stable and faster, while giving more utility to modders and people wanting to play mods. Its a win win for everyone

Apparently theres already a 64-Bit version, but its only available through Mac and Linux.

I'm not sure what it is called, but I downloaded this external program onto my pc that is for for windows that runs most 32 bit programs in 64 bit. I think it lets you use 4GB ram when running terraria rather than 2GB. I will post back the name of the program if I can find it.

Okay, I am not sure as to whether or not it is legal to add download links in terraria forums comments so I won't, but looking through my favourites bar in chrome, I have this link saved which I believe is the website I looked at when i got the program. https://www.maketecheasier.com/increase-memory-limit-for-32-bit-applications-in-windows-64-bit-os/
Unsure if the program exists still but hope I helped.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it is called, but I downloaded this external program onto my pc that is for for windows that runs most 32 bit programs in 64 bit. I think it lets you use 4GB ram when running terraria rather than 2GB. I will post back the name of the program if I can find it.

Okay, I am not sure as to whether or not it is legal to add download links in terraria forums comments so I won't, but looking through my favourites bar in chrome, I have this link saved which I believe is the website I looked at when i got the program. https://www.maketecheasier.com/increase-memory-limit-for-32-bit-applications-in-windows-64-bit-os/
Unsure if the program exists still but hope I helped.
From what I understand, tModLoader already applies a 4GB patch to the executable. But yeah, actual 64-bit would be great.

TModLoader is in 64-bit and the game runs in 60 FPS, stable.
In 32-bit, the game runs in 47.5 FPS or something like that.
It's one of those games that slows down depending on your FPS.

Back
Top Bottom