Items Vermillion Feather - Bird of Paradise Mount

BluuMoon3

Terrarian
Found - By chance after killing Giant Flying Fox enemies during hardmode

So what does it do? - The Bird of Paradise is colorful jungle bird mount that specializes in gliding and swooping. By default it has two space bar uses: The first to fly into the air at and the second to boost itself while folding its wings to glide. While gliding the player can change the path of the glide without losing speed. While in glide mode, momentum can be gained from windy weather, sandstorms, blizzards, and a certain amount from gravity. Additional boosts can be obtained from balloon accessories. Rain causes it to lose speed and momentum gain.

Quirks - Shorter hitbox while swooping, speed gain from weather conditions, glide control, additional boosts could possibly be used as dodges.

Speed - 45 mph (Default), 53 (Windy weather), 30 (Rain), 10 mph on land

Last edited:
It sounds really cool, but we are already getting a mount for the desert and we already have the basilisk mount. I would prefer if this would go to a different biome (With changes to the name and general design so it still fits in.)

A flying class mount for the Dino lovers. I like it. Though I am confused on the four wings part. Are those the only limbs? Can you provide a picture?

Considering the Desert has two mounts, and so does the Snow biome, both of which have one from enemies and one from another source... Why not put it in the Jungle instead?

That way we have:
Desert: T-Rex Transformation (Crafting) & Basilisk Mount (Enemy)
Snow: Wolf Transformation (Enemy) & Pigron Mount (Fishing)
Jungle: Archaeopteryx Transformation (???) & Bee Mount (Enemy)

Assuming the suggestion is a transformation, that is. This brings the three primary biomes to the same number of exclusive mounts

A flying class mount for the Dino lovers. I like it. Though I am confused on the four wings part. Are those the only limbs? Can you provide a picture?
For a visual you can look up archaeopteryx on google since its an actual dinosaur, but it doesnt actually have 4 wings. For some reason I thought it did but It would be neat

Considering the Desert has two mounts, and so does the Snow biome, both of which have one from enemies and one from another source... Why not put it in the Jungle instead?

That way we have:
Desert: T-Rex Transformation (Crafting) & Basilisk Mount (Enemy)
Snow: Wolf Transformation (Enemy) & Pigron Mount (Fishing)
Jungle: Archaeopteryx Transformation (???) & Bee Mount (Enemy)

Assuming the suggestion is a transformation, that is. This brings the three primary biomes to the same number of exclusive mounts
Yeah I'll probably change it to the Jungle since that makes more sense

Found - By Extractinating silt (changed from desert fossils to fit a jungle theme) during hardmode

So what does it do? - The Bird of Paradise is colorful jungle bird mount that specializes in gliding and swooping. By default it has two space bar uses: The first to fly into the air at and the second to boost itself while folding its wings to glide. While gliding the player can change the path of the glide without losing speed. While in glide mode, momentum can be gained from windy weather, sandstorms, blizzards, and a certain amount from gravity. Additional boosts can be obtained from balloon accessories. Rain causes it to lose speed and momentum gain.

Quirks - Shorter hitbox while swooping, speed gain from weather conditions, glide control, additional boosts could possibly be used as dodges.

I'd say Silt isn't a good option for the jungle theme, since silt spawns everywhere that isn't snow. Additionally, the Extractinator doesn't have any other hardmode drops; The Chlorophyte Extractinator exists for that

Some alternative solutions are:
* Drop from Giant Flying Fox
* Sold by the Witch Doctor in the jungle
* Crafted using Feathers and jungle materials at a Mythril Anvil
* Spawns on the surface jungle like a natural plant, being a feather that fell from a wild bird. This also references how "Bird of Paradise" is the name of a type of flower

I like the idea. I agree with what FroststormFrenzy said above me, though; Silt isn't a good option. It doesn't quite fit the theme, and besides, why would a player bother to use an Extractinator in Hardmode unless it's the Chlorophyte Extractinator? Personally, I'm in favor of it dropping from Giant Flying Foxes.

I'd say Silt isn't a good option for the jungle theme, since silt spawns everywhere that isn't snow. Additionally, the Extractinator doesn't have any other hardmode drops; The Chlorophyte Extractinator exists for that

Some alternative solutions are:
* Drop from Giant Flying Fox
* Sold by the Witch Doctor in the jungle
* Crafted using Feathers and jungle materials at a Mythril Anvil
* Spawns on the surface jungle like a natural plant, being a feather that fell from a wild bird. This also references how "Bird of Paradise" is the name of a type of flower
I'll go with the Giant Flying Foxes, thanks

Found - By chance after killing Giant Flying Fox enemies during hardmode

cool, but if it's a bird of paradise, why not make it craftable/droppable from the new macaw critters?

Back
Top Bottom