WIP (Very much a work in progress) starting house

HarshMellow

Spazmatism
I started a new character today, and I thought I'd ask for some opinions on my little starting house. It is very much a work in progress, but here it is:

Capture 2016-03-01 00_09_39.png

Last edited:
Thank you very much! I like the cluttered feel as well, though I can never pull it off. :confused:
Really? You seemed to pull it off in this build, although maybe the houses in the bottom-right could use a few paintings or banners. Also, I just realized that the crafting station room thingies (...what?) could use a bit more light.

EDIT: I guess it is a work in progress, although it is looking pretty good. Good luck building and have fun!

Really? You seemed to pull it off in this build, although maybe the houses in the bottom-right could use a few paintings or banners. Also, I just realized that the crafting station room thingies (...what?) could use a bit more light.

EDIT: I guess it is a work in progress, although it is looking pretty good. Good luck building and have fun!
Thanks for the suggestions! You're definitely right about it needing paintings, but I don't have a room for the dang Painter at the moment. >.>

Last edited:
Well, thank you! I don't love how it's turning out, but I'm more or less satisfied. Anyway, thanks!

Hmmm, maybe what you don't like about it is that you are using too much of the same type of furniture. Try putting a fireplace or something, maybe some Sharpening Stations or more Spear Racks. Some banners make nice decorations as well. This build could use some Blue Banners that you craft at a Loom. Some more plants might be cool, try placing some Clay Pots on top of your Workbenches. Also, placing Coins on shelves and whatnot can make it feel cluttered.

EDIT: And placing pumpkin walls then painting them can make great curtains as well. Try to place some sofas or benches or different types of furniture.

Last edited:
Hmmm, maybe what you don't like about it is that you are using too much of the same type of furniture. Try putting a fireplace or something, maybe some Sharpening Stations or more Spear Racks. Some banners make nice decorations as well. This build could use some Blue Banners that you craft at a Loom. Some more plants might be cool, try placing some Clay Pots on top of your Workbenches. Also, placing Coins on shelves and whatnot can make it feel cluttered.

EDIT: And placing pumpkin walls then painting them can make great curtains as well. Try to place some sofas or benches or different types of furniture.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks for the suggestions!
No problem! Maybe some blacksmith/sword racks in the crafting station rooms? And maybe some Fancy Dishes from the Travelling Merchant, they are actually pretty fancy (As the name suggests.)

EDIT: And also, I would get rid of the chimney on top. It just doesn't look right to me as it is not close enough to the actual build itself. That's just me though, you don't have to if you don't want to.

I have a lot of learning to do as well. :/
Furniture was never my strong suit.

I think that the right balance between decor such as the Chalice or the Fancy Plates, furniture such as Sofas or Tables and Paintings such as Good Morning is the key to a nice build. Making clay pots and placing them also makes a great plant after a while :)

Back
Top Bottom