Weapons & Equip Vulture Wings

Podria ser mejor idea que sea un loot de un cofre piramidal o que la posibilidad sea menor, como del 0.5# para que no sea tan facil

I like it, but I’d make it a pyramid chest item instead of a drop. Would love to see more Pre-HM wings though
Except not all worlds have pyramids, and even if you do have one, would it be mutually exclusive with the other pyramid items? And even if it wasn't mutually exclusive, what if you simply didn't get one? Would it just be unobtainable after that? Even then, the flying carpet is better.

This is definitely best implemented as a vulture drop, but perhaps as a "Vulture wing" drop used to craft vulture wings similar to other wing sets rather than vultures just dropping wings directly. So if you want wings pre-HM, you can either explore floating islands (which may or may not even have the fledgling wings), or just explore your desert.

Except not all worlds have pyramids, and even if you do have one, would it be mutually exclusive with the other pyramid items? And even if it wasn't mutually exclusive, what if you simply didn't get one? Would it just be unobtainable after that? Even then, the flying carpet is better.
If the world doesn’t have a pyramid, you could still fish for one like the sandstorm in the bottle in oasis crates. No clue why the flying carpet isn’t in that loot pool too but it’d be like how even if you don’t get what you want on floating islands, you can still fish for it. And the flying carpet is more of a hoverboard than a wing, it prioritizes horizontal movement.
This is definitely best implemented as a vulture drop, but perhaps as a "Vulture wing" drop used to craft vulture wings similar to other wing sets rather than vultures just dropping wings directly. So if you want wings pre-HM, you can either explore floating islands (which may or may not even have the fledgling wings), or just explore your desert.
Vultures are way too easy for a drop though. You can throw 1-2 grenades and easily dispatch them. It’d clog the inventory and require little work to earn the wings. It’s why Harpies don’t drop pre-HM wings either, just Harpy Feathers

So that they can be crafted without souls of flight. Which are needed to craft wings. This would also make it so people don’t farm voltures and make fledgling wings redundant.
This item would be an alternative for people who dont want to fish in sky islands. I think farming vultures is fine.

Vultures are way too easy for a drop though. You can throw 1-2 grenades and easily dispatch them. It’d clog the inventory and require little work to earn the wings. It’s why Harpies don’t drop pre-HM wings either, just Harpy Feathers
Ah yes, "Clog up the inventory" full of an item with a less than 1% drop rate. I think 1% is fine becuase vultures are slightly rarer on average than harpies which have a 0.5% change to drop the giant harpy feather.

If youre still confused, read #6 again

Ah yes, "Clog up the inventory" full of an item with a less than 1% drop rate. I think 1% is fine becuase vultures are slightly rarer on average than harpies which have a 0.5% change to drop the giant harpy feather.

If youre still confused, read #6 again
The difference is that Wings, unlike giant harpy feathers, have modifiers so they won’t stack. They decreased the drop rate of Monster Meat as such, from 1/1000 to 1/1500 for a similar situation, and I still see people talk about how it fills their inventory occasionally.

And what’s #6? Don’t know what you mean by that

The difference is that Wings, unlike giant harpy feathers, have modifiers so they won’t stack. They decreased the drop rate of Monster Meat as such, from 1/1000 to 1/1500 for a similar situation, and I still see people talk about how it fills their inventory occasionally.

And what’s #6? Don’t know what you mean by that
I think we're talking about a Giant Vulture Feather, not just Vulture Wings

Okay, I definitely like the idea of giant vulture feathers more for wings, but that still would make them:
1. Too easy to obtain if Pre-HM
2. Hardmode exclusive
Depending if you required souls of flight. I’d be okay with them being hardmode exclusive like the other wings though.
Yes, I think they should be Hardmode exclusive. Fledgling wings are all we need for wings in pre-Hardmode.

Yes, I think they should be Hardmode exclusive. Fledgling wings are all we need for wings in pre-Hardmode.
Agreed. Generally, I'll find a sandstorm/blizzard/whoopie cushion and cloud in a bottle for the fart in a bottle, which are far better. Especially when you get a balloon and lucky horseshoe, fledgling wings are far outclassed.

I think this would be a good sidegrade fit for preHM, because if we made it hardmode vultures would be trivial by then...

Plus it would allow for a different method of obtaining, rather than skyfishing.

It would also introduce players to the concept of "Giant feathers" used for wings

Back
Top Bottom