Items Weapons equivalent to Zenith

honestly, melee before this came in 4th place in terms of dps output, being even lower than goddamn summoner, i was about to quit playing melee until the zenith came out, and now you guys want to make us irrelevant again, smh
Bruh ever heard of class balance? If you have the most armor you should have the least dps and the other way around. They shouldn't add more dps to melee but rework the weapons so that they can deal their moderate ammount of dps more consistently. If you wanna kill single targets as fast as possible go play ranger

I think that the problem here is that melee is doing every role, they are doing so much dps while still tanking a lot.

In my opinion they shouldn't nerf zenit, because it's awesome, but buff Terraprisma and add others special weapons for rangers.
Mages already have last prism, but yet mages are glass cannon, they shouldn't be competing with melee for dps, same for summoners(Besides terraprisma they got horrible weapons this update).

Rangers in other hand can dodge and have a lot of attack speed and crit, so having less base attack damage isn't a problem, but they still should pass melee in dps with no problem, maybe a buff in Celebration Mk2 or a new bow with a overpower special ability?

Last edited:
Bruh ever heard of class balance? If you have the most armor you should have the least dps and the other way around. They shouldn't add more dps to melee but rework the weapons so that they can deal their moderate ammount of dps more consistently. If you wanna kill single targets as fast as possible go play ranger

I think "most armor = least dps" ignore too many factors, especially since at it's core, melee was likely originally intended to get right next to enemies. It seems like enemy and boss design in hardmode forced melee into the weird state it's in now, with every viable melee weapon essentially becoming a weaker ranged weapon with minimal benefits at melee range. If anything, melee should have the most damage of any class (at melee range), with the caveat of course being at risk of getting hit more often. The armor is merely there to compensate for that weakness, but the whole shift to fake-melee ranged weapons seems to have negated the entire class's identity.

I also disagree that certain roles should have better single target/aoe than other classes, especially given that every class (except summoner, probably) has different weapons for different situations. Early game, melee has boomerangs for single target and spears for aoe. Rangers have bows+wooden arrows for single target, unholy arrows for aoe. Mage has less generic weapons, but the same logic applies.

To me, the main difference in classes should be utility and positioning. I may be going a little beyond the scope of terraria here, but melee is generally the short range, decently mobile class with low damage/high tank or high damage/medium tank. Ranger is a fairly straightforward class with good mobility and high damage at a range, with some different options for types of ammo. Mage is often less mobile, but has a bit more depth with a ton of utility spells and a huge amount of potential dps, but you could just stick with a single spell for some decent dps if you wanted. Summoner is just a weird afterthought class that doesn't do much other than dodge while their summons annihilate everything.

I think that the problem here is that melee is doing every role, they are doing so much dps while still tanking a lot...

Many have already mentioned this, but melee absolutely does not do this until post-plantera, starting with weapons like the seedler. Killing the wall of flesh with a sword or boomerang is pretty insane imo, and options are still limited in early hardmode. Sure, the endgame gear for melee is incredible, but there's a huge gap between that gear and even the gear right before it. I'm doing a playthrough as melee with a friend on summoner, and his dps is always factors above mine. And he's usually just standing around while everything dies!

Reactions: Bry
I'm fairly experienced with ranged weapons, I played a lot.

In regard of ultimate gun, the SDMG is the most mechanically boring thing the game has to offer. It is quite lackluster and doesn't give that kick that it needs. Shotguns would be probably better suited for a badass ultimate.

In regard of rockets, the Celebration Mk II is a good step, not the real deal, but whatever.

Bows. This gets real quick. The Phantasm has the mechanics, the DPS, the looks and the name. It is what I would expect to drop from the Moon Lord. Except it doesn't.

However, here comes a pattern, the Vortex Beater is a more interesting machine gun, than the SDMG. Actually both vortex fragment weapons are more satisfying to use, than the Moon Lord drops.

Last edited:
I would really love to see some ultimate weapons that combine others. My first thought was a shotbow that fires arrows, bullets, and rockets, but only consumes one arrow/bullet/rocket, whichever is first in inventory. Maybe combine a mix of 9 bows, guns, and rocket launchers from throughout the game. I don't know if mage needs an ultimate weapon considering last prism, but summoners could definitely use an ultimate weapon, maybe one that you power up like the stardust dragon to an exponential damage output. I mean, zenith already just does what solar eruption does but better, why not do the same for summoner? I feel like summoner needs it the most out of any class, I find it near impossible to beat expert moon lord even with a fully kitted out endgame summoner.

Realy Zenith can deal 7000+ (up to 9500) DPS without melle armour (If you damaging IMG-68e9c7f0475aae05fbf5181d5005e61a-V.jpg) Sdmg with best ranged class armour and simple musket ball deals 7000 mmmmm...
Screenshot_20200810-141422.png

Tested with:
Screenshot_20200810-141442.png

+ Stealth

Last edited:
I find it unfair that there is no mage/ranged/summoner equivalent weapon to the Zenith. It makes the Melee class a tad more overpowered, when all classes should be relatively balanced. ...

... Although I suggest that they follow a similar naming theme, one of the weapons could be called Nadir and another could be called Azimuth. ...
Azimuth may be ranged and may to shoot all types of ammo Rockets and Explosive Jack O`latern (it just will be pumpkin grenade) will shoot like grenade launcher.
For summoner Rose Of Winds (its fits because its meteorology which near to geography)(on stick) Will summon Great wind (Wind Elemental) second use what will not spawn one more, will make first better (such as desert tiger staff and stardust dragon staff)
For mage Nadir Dont know

Last edited:
It would be nice to see other classes combine many of their weapons on the way there into one ultimate weapon for that class.

Yeah, sure, Melee has zenith, but the Last Prism is still capable of reaching a Higher DPS with the right setup. Summoner also got the Terraprisma, which can easily surpass the Stardust Dragon in terms of best summon. Rangers got.. well... oh right, a Rocket Machinegun and Mini-Nuke ammo. sure, no new stuff for bows or guns, but ranger was never an overwhelming damage class, it was a class that could use any ammo for any situation. tanky boss? ichor. DPS? Crystal/Holy. Crowd Control? Luminite/Jester.
The max possible dps for LP is 15,000. The max dps for Zenith is 70,000

Imo either it gets removed or the four classes each have a post-post-game weapon. Before the Zenith there was a much better balance, the best weapons from all classes (except Summoner) came from Moonlord. But I can't control the development.

Joshadow said:
The max dps for Zenith is 70,000
I think there is a youtube video showing Zenith having some 300K dps (using stacking such as striking moment + 7 menacing melee accessory on groups of targer dummy)
That is irrelevant.
But you must also agree, that Zenith is living up to the name, of being "the time at which something is most powerful or successful."
And you also must agree that the "primary" class since the game's release is nothing but melee. Simple and straightforward.
Trklntry said:
Imo either it gets removed or the four classes each have a post-post-game weapon.
I won't comment on that.

if you want all classes equal, you'll need a lot more than just endgame weapons. there are 42 swords you can get in hardmode, and 43 summon weapons you can get through out the game (whips, sentry staffs, summons) to make all classes equal would be a very challenging task just to implement the items, much less balance
Yeah but zenith is the best weapon for every class when you get it. It does more damage than a pure damage glass cannon mage with a last prism and that should not be the case. Zeniths damage per second on a class with no melee damage bonus is still around 3 to 4k DPS which is a lot more than last prism with magic bonuses and nebula armour. Compared to a fully equipped melee fighter with solar armour and menacing accessories, I digress, Zenith is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom