Weekly Terraria News!

ValsAerospace

Empress of Light
The Weekly Terraria News Report!

Where you can find all your news about Terraria, such as modding, updates, and forum activities!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you can find all past volumes!

General News

"One Terraria" has been announced by Cenx, showing what will be happening to console and PC updates. Console fans aren't very happy with the change, as many things exclusive to console edition are in the process of being removed. Console players should not fear for their stuff, as the console-only items will be replaced with similar tier items. Ocram will be destroyed in this process, however his mask and trophy will remain as a "symbol of commitment".

Personal Opinions:

I think this is a big step forward, considering most exclusive sprites are just recolors anyways. Ocram was just an AI tweak of the EOC, and I didn't like it too much.

Mod News

Calamity Mod has had some balance changes, and an AI tweak to Revengence.

Thorium has been rumored to have an update coming soon.

Sierra Mod has no beta version for me to test. :mad: However, it progresses quickly.

Spirit Mod has undergone the Rebalancing Update, changing many things listed in the spoiler below:

Additions: - A new event, the Blue Moon! This hardmode event can occur any night, or can be summoned with an Turquouise Lens at nighttime. Can you ward off the mythical beings, from Wererabbits to Jabberwockies? - The Grove- a small microstructure(not a biome) that spawns underground. It seems to be an ancient, overgrown graveyard, but be careful, lest you disturb one of the graves... - The Enchanter- a new NPC that spawns when you have a Blank Glyph in your inventory! The enchanter exchanges Blank Glyphs(obtained from bosses, and rarely from enemies) for Glyphs, items that enchant your weapons to give them special effects! - Glyphs: Sold by the Enchanter for Blank Glyphs throughout progression, Glyphs can be used via right-click on the item you currently hold to give them bonus effects! To get rid of Glyphs, simply reforge your item. - New Reach Generation- There will only be one Reach that generates on new world, but it will be slightly larger. It also has custom trees, a new background, and more! - Reach Furniture - New Music for the following bosses: Infernon, Ethereal Umbra, Starplate Raider - About 70 new items, a new miniboss, and more! Changes: - Most sets have been buffed, with some armors gaining new set bonuses, and some weapons getting new abilities! - New Set Bonuses: Geode Armor, Lihzahrd Armor, Vinecaller Armor, and others! - Most bosses have been changed! Here is a little about each boss: - Scarabeus: No longer breaks platforms! Instead, he shoots little homing gilded energy which forces you to move around - Vinewrath: Nerfed his projectile spam a little - Ancient Flier: Now moves faster, and shoots a special projectile in Expert Mode! To prevent minion spam, a cap has been placed on his Bone Harpy minions - Starplate Raider: Nerfed the spamminess of stars, increased protection against piercing weapons - Infernon: Nerfed his projectile spam. In Expert Mode, a second form has been introduced! Can you defeat the true master of hell? - Dusking: Now faster, more powerful, and with extra projectiles. Watch out! - Ethereal Umbra: Greatly buffed its health, and the Ethereal Mirage is now a threat in Expert Mode - Illuminant Master: Nerfed his teleportation range and his projectile spam - Atlas: Buffed his speed and his projectiles. Atlas is now actually a threat! Best of luck! - Overseer: Not many changes here. Slight nerfs in damage. - Added special water shaders for the Spirit Biome and Reach, as well as a new shader for the Spirit Biome - Resprites for a few items and tiles, including Spirit Ore, Cryolite Ore, Boss Icons on screen, as well as some misc. yoyos - Artifact Accessories now empower their respective weapons with special bonuses! - A mod icon for the Mod Browser - SO MANY DONATOR ITEMS: I tried to get to all the donator items from the past few months in here. However, I probably missed some- so if you don't see yours/ are unsure, please message me and let me know Changes to the Donator Item policy: - Increasing the price of donator items from 3 to 6 dollars - No longer can people request upgradeable/lines of items (This is to slow down the large amount of donator items, and give each donator item the special attention it deserves) - Fixed multiple TYPOS, Bugs(Fiery Maw now can actually be picked up + many more), and broken items

Miscellaneous News

All of Re-Logic is Yoraiz0r, according to Skiphs:

We_are_all_Yor.PNG

Many talented mod programmers/spriters have gone away from Terraria modding and have tried out game development, including GabeHasWon, EchoDuck and I, among others.

Personal Opinions:

I knew it! EVERYONE is Yoraiz0r! It's like the Jetstream apocalypse, but its Yorai instead!

check out my game pls

That's all for this week, folks! See you all next week!
General News

To start it off, today there was an announcement from Pipeworks, about the current state of console edition. If you want to know more, check out the thread!
Beta Testers for Terraria have opened up some slots! I have signed up, and you guys should as well!
The /r/Terraria Discord has opened a contest for the fall server picture, and if you want to, I'd check it out!
That's pretty much it.

Modding News

Sierra Mod FINALLY has a beta version, with some awesome new content!
Thorium has had some bug fixes.
Sacredtools is looking for AI/Worldgen coders.
Spirit Mod has had a couple of bug fixing updates.

Other News

I wrote this at midnight, so I left a loooot of stuff out. I apologize. I'll post some other news later this week.
I've heard of some cool new news about Dive. A little birdie told me.
image.png

image.png

Noice.

Twitter Page

This thread's purpose is to help inform the community of certain happenings, such as mod updates and Terraria news. I may add more headings, such as Spriting News, Building News, and Discord News later. As of right now not much news is happening, so there isn't a point to making more headings. Leave news suggestions and friendly discussions below, and I'll see you guys next week!

Last edited:
interesting, so every week you will edit it with new news, or every day
Every week. I will post it (including my own opinions about certain topics) every Sunday, assuming I don't slack. Also from what I heard @Iggysaur is making a Twitter page with Terraria News as well. I rushed this first volume, the ones in the future will have much more content.

I'll post a twitter here soon and possibly make a banner/icon tonight. This definitely sounds entertaining and I think most of the community will enjoy it

New thingo. As said in the paper, it’s late and I don’t want to keep you waiting. Writing isn’t my strong point, but I attempt. If anything is broken just tell me and I’ll fix it. Also nice self-promo, me.

Edit: :red: I chose the wrong font color and style.

Back
Top Bottom