Console What happened to the ability to name chests?

Kfocht

Terrarian
I'm not sure when this happened, but recently the ability to rename chests is no longer available. Once before I had experienced this problem but was able to correct the problem by restarting my xbox one. However, I've tried restarting my xbox one several times and the option to rename a chest is gone. I didn't see this problem listed as an intentional change in the most recent updates for Terraria. I'd like to know if the option to rename chests was removed or if this is a bug on the xbox one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kathy

I'm not sure when this happened, but recently the ability to rename chests is no longer available. Once before I had experienced this problem but was able to correct the problem by restarting my xbox one. However, I've tried restarting my xbox one several times and the option to rename a chest is gone. I didn't see this problem listed as an intentional change in the most recent updates for Terraria. I'd like to know if the option to rename chests was removed or if this is a bug on the xbox one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kathy
Hi there Kathy, are you trying to name a chest in a multiplayer world? You won't be able to name them if the "play online" box is checked (even if you're the only one in the world) because of Microsoft rules.

Hi there Kathy, are you trying to name a chest in a multiplayer world? You won't be able to name them if the "play online" box is checked (even if you're the only one in the world) because of Microsoft rules.
Well, if it has to do with Microsoft rules then why pray tell does it also occur on ps4? and on a side note what rule would prevent the naming of chests? Thats simply idiotic. They need to fix it, utterly disappointing.

Well, if it has to do with Microsoft rules then why pray tell does it also occur on ps4? and on a side note what rule would prevent the naming of chests? Thats simply idiotic. They need to fix it, utterly disappointing.
I mentioned Microsoft because the original poster was asking about their Xbox One, but yes, it is the case for Sony's PS versions as well.

I'm getting this info from Jasjenl of Engine Software, the previous developer for Terraria console.
Not being able to write on signs in multiplayer is not a bug on the Sony platforms, it had to be implemented that way to comply to platform specific guidelines.

I believe the reasoning behind the Microsoft/Sony policies is that people could write inappropriate or offensive things on signs and chests during a multiplayer session, but I'm not 100% on that. You'd have to check with Microsoft and Sony.

As far as I know, this restriction hasn't changed, and since people are still asking about it, seems that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom