Portfolio/Multi-Topic What i would like to be added/changed before development ends.

Drabous

Terrarian
This is my first time making a post here so i don't know how to format or how people present their suggestions, maybe i'll fix it later if allowed.
I'll start with changes for things that ruin the game's flow and make it quite a drag.

Fishing/Angler Quests:​

->Keep it rng based but give it a reward rotation system, if you have one of the accessories you only will be able to get it again after getting all of the others. You will still rely on luck to get them, but won't get 3 bloody sextants in a row.

->Add an accessory that displays the current quest fish, maybe put it inside the cellphone or tackle bag tree.

->Allow players to acquire the hotline fishing rod before hardmode, the only reason i have to go to the underworld after hardmode is to find the tax collector.

->Fishing is really boring, but it gets infuriating when there's enemies constantly interrupting you. It should give a buff that reduces spawnrate to near zero.

Summoner class and weapons:​

->Improve minion AI, it should attack enemies as soon as they appear on screen. Add a "defense mode" option, it will attack anything that's closest to you and even switch focus from a enemy that's further away to one that's closer to you.

->Flying summons should match boss speed and ignore terrain completely.

Mounts:​

->If you are already in the air, you should be able to activate your mount and use it's flying instead of just falling as if you've used all of it's flight power.

That's about it for the really annoying things.

Biomes/Progression:​

->New post WOF fossils for the underground desert, they could be corrupted and yield different materials.

Music and sound:​

->New sounds for mobs that can catch you off guard like the Floaty Gross, Wyvern, Blazing Wheel, Man Eater(Trapper too)

->New tracks for bosses that share the same one (very unlikely but i still hope for)

Bosses:​

->Mechanical version of the Brain of Cthulhu. Destroyer on a crimson world feels pretty out of place, there was a mod that added it but i think it was discontinued.

->Mechanical version of the Brain of Cthulhu. Destroyer on a crimson world feels pretty out of place, there was a mod that added it but i think it was discontinued
Sadly it's not very likely that this will be added, there have been tons of suggestions for mech brain but all of them were not liked by the community
The other ideas are cool though

->Keep it rng based but give it a reward rotation system, if you have one of the accessories you only will be able to get it again after getting all of the others. You will still rely on luck to get them, but won't get 3 bloody sextants in a row.
This is already present in the game, the Angler checks if you have Angler-Cellphone components in your inventory (even piggy banks/personal storage!), before giving out the reward, to ensure you don't get duplicates.
That mechanic won't happen once you've the Fish Finder/Cell Phone

->Fishing is really boring, but it gets infuriating when there's enemies constantly interrupting you. It should give a buff that reduces spawnrate to near zero.
IMO, the enemies around when fishing, and coming up with an automatic defence method while fishing is the only part that makes fishing a little bit exciting, reducing the spawnrates to zero makes fishing only more boring.

->If you are already in the air, you should be able to activate your mount and use it's flying instead of just falling as if you've used all of it's flight power.
This sounds very likely to cause an "infinite flight" exploit by reactivating the mount mid-flight.
But even if that's preventable, then I think that will cause scenarios where you'll jump off the mount to intentionally summon it mid-jump to reach a little bit higher, making the mount more of a shuffling flight tool than just a mount, and I won't like that kind of exploit either.

This is already present in the game, the Angler checks if you have Angler-Cellphone components in your inventory (even piggy banks/personal storage!), before giving out the reward, to ensure you don't get duplicates.
That mechanic won't happen once you've the Fish Finder/Cell Phone
I did not knew it already happened, still, after the first cellphone it should just restart the cycle and not give you duplicates.

IMO, the enemies around when fishing, and coming up with an automatic defence method while fishing is the only part that makes fishing a little bit exciting, reducing the spawnrates to zero makes fishing only more boring.
Yeah, you're right about that. I don't like fishing as a whole but still want the rewards, i just didn't want to lose any time making said defense systems since it will only help me with fishing in the area it was built.

This sounds very likely to cause an "infinite flight" exploit by reactivating the mount mid-flight.
But even if that's preventable, then I think that will cause scenarios where you'll jump off the mount to intentionally summon it mid-jump to reach a little bit higher, making the mount more of a shuffling flight tool than just a mount, and I won't like that kind of exploit either.
I trust they would be able to fix any exploits.

This is my first time making a post here so i don't know how to format or how people present their suggestions, maybe i'll fix it later if allowed.
I'll start with changes for things that ruin the game's flow and make it quite a drag.

Fishing/Angler Quests:​

->Add an accessory that displays the current quest fish, maybe put it inside the cellphone or tackle bag tree.

->Allow players to acquire the hotline fishing rod before hardmode, the only reason i have to go to the underworld after hardmode is to find the tax collector.

Summoner class and weapons:​

->Improve minion AI, it should attack enemies as soon as they appear on screen. Add a "defense mode" option, it will attack anything that's closest to you and even switch focus from a enemy that's further away to one that's closer to you.

->Flying summons should match boss speed and ignore terrain completely.

Mounts:​

That's about it for the really annoying things.

Biomes/Progression:​

->New post WOF fossils for the underground desert, they could be corrupted and yield different materials.

Music and sound:​

->New sounds for mobs that can catch you off guard like the Floaty Gross, Wyvern, Blazing Wheel, Man Eater(Trapper too)

->New tracks for bosses that share the same one (very unlikely but i still hope for)

Bosses:​

->Mechanical version of the Brain of Cthulhu. Destroyer on a crimson world feels pretty out of place, there was a mod that added it but i think it was discontinued.
Hello this isn't about what will be added but me and my brother and other people I know aren't able to do online multiplayer and I've tried everything so if you can help that would be really appreciated

Back
Top Bottom