Resolved What is going on?

Oblivion88

Terrarian
I'm building something underground, and i've put white torches all over - suddenly they all go dark and white small shots are fired on me from all directions, but theres no enemies around. No blood moon, no solar eclipse. Anyone know whats haunting me lol?

Could you provide a video of whats happening? it may give me and some others a better understanding.

wait i had no clue there was an enemy called the torch god till i searched it up, thought it was some sort of joke lmao

In all honestly, this is kind of annoying - not only that it fires projectiles (that I can take, part of the game ofc) but it makes everything dark. Is there some way to disable this? Yes I'm aware of Journeymode, but I am building on the same world that I have been for almost 1000+ hours since 2011, I dont want to start all over.

In all honestly, this is kind of annoying - not only that it fires projectiles (that I can take, part of the game ofc) but it makes everything dark. Is there some way to disable this? Yes I'm aware of Journeymode, but I am building on the same world that I have been for almost 1000+ hours since 2011, I dont want to start all over.
You just have to endure it. You'll notice that the torches will burn out when they shoot a bullet at you. Just survive all the incoming attacks until all the torches burn out. Once you do, you'll be rewarded with a Torch God's Favor and the torches will return to normal. Then, that specific character will no longer trigger the event, as long as you keep the Favor in your inventory or use it (it's a one-time consumable power-up.)

You just have to endure it. You'll notice that the torches will burn out when they shoot a bullet at you. Just survive all the incoming attacks until all the torches burn out. Once you do, you'll be rewarded with a Torch God's Favor and the torches will return to normal. Then, that specific character will no longer trigger the event, as long as you keep the Favor in your inventory or use it (it's a one-time consumable power-up.)
Okay, then yeah its not to bad, but are you sure, because I have defeated the event twice, it still appears (but I havent consumed the item yet, is that why?)

As for the item, i'm not sure I understand it..

"it grants the player the ability to automatically convert regular torches in the player's hand to the current biome's torch variant"

So say i'm in the jungle underground building, placing white torches, I use this item, it changes them to jungle torches? Permanently? Because in that case I dont want to use it, if in my example, white torches fits better aesthetically to my current build..

..or does it actually dont change anything visually?

Okay, then yeah its not to bad, but are you sure, because I have defeated the event twice, it still appears (but I havent consumed the item yet, is that why?)

As for the item, i'm not sure I understand it..

"it grants the player the ability to automatically convert regular torches in the player's hand to the current biome's torch variant"

So say i'm in the jungle underground building, placing white torches, I use this item, it changes them to jungle torches? Permanently? Because in that case I dont want to use it, if in my example, white torches fits better aesthetically to my current build..

..or does it actually dont change anything visually?
You have to consume the Torch God's Favor item to stop the Torch God event, and there's a button on the left side that toggles biome torch swapping on and off, like the block swap button.

Back
Top Bottom