PC What is the best weapon for eater of worlds expert mode and normal mode?

NitroWolf2537

Terrarian
I am very stumped on what weapons I should use against the eater of worlds and how bout accessories too cause why not?

Last edited:
Some of the best weapons against the Eater of Worlds include ones gotten from the shadow orbs before the fight. Such as the Vilethorn and Ball O' Hurt. Spears like the Trident are also effective since they do piercing damage which is important against the worm segments.

For Expert Mode, it is also ideal to fight the worm on the Surface as it tunnels faster and shoots vile spit at you from all of it's segments, for that part the Shield of Cthulhu is great for defending against the spit. If you can get your hands on a minishark, that is also a powerful weapon for defeating the Eater.

Piercing weapons like vilethorn, space gun and bow with jester arrows are really good. Grenades also work, but deal decreased damage in Expert. You can also try using a large sword, such as blade of grass.

I used my main weapons, which are the Light's Bane and Space Gun. They worked perfectly fine however I am a Pre-Hardmode player so I don't know about Expert.

Whatever you do, fight it from the surface. Build a few platforms high above the ground for you to stand on, so you can easily keep away from it and dodge its attacks.
The weapon to use: Anything ranged really. In my experience pure melee is a bit of a nightmare in expert mode, due to everything hurting like hell.

Pre-hardmode, the best you could get your hands on is a star cannon, or a minishark with meteor bullets

Ok I do have a minishark

I'll think about it
yes those weapons & ammo have pierce enemies, and because the eater of world is just a bunch of separate enemies, one shot of the star cannon, if aimed right, will travel though all section of EoW, damaging all its sections.

Also space gun will be effective as well.

yes those weapons & ammo have pierce enemies, and because the eater of world is just a bunch of separate enemies, one shot of the star cannon, if aimed right, will travel though all section of EoW, damaging all its sections.

Also space gun will be effective as well.
Thank you very much and I am waiting for a meteor to hit my world as well so... (My computer runs terraria quite slowly but not agonizingly slow)

Back
Top Bottom