PC What is Wrong About Purifying Crimson?

SteveisNoob

Pixel Pirate
I had some work to purify the Crimson from my world but I have an issue right now. When I went to Dryad and ask her the situation she says;
OnePercent.png

And when I opened my map viewer, selected all crimson tiles(excluding hearts and altars) and then press "Highlight" it says;
NoCrimsonBlocks.png

I broke just two of Crimson Hearts, to access some Meteorite. And I hadn't smashed any altars, instead of doing this I fished for crates.(It's a lot more easier than mining ores, especially in an Expert world.) So, if Dryad counts Crimson Hearts and Crimson Altars as a percentage of Crimson, now I had no choice, I don't want to smash Hearts or Altars. :) But there's still something that I will ask;

Firstly: If I leave the Altars, and there's no Crimson excluding Hearts and Altars(which can't spread Crimson directly), can still some Crimson blocks randomly generated and spread. To take it more clear, if there is Altars on the world is it possible to blocks can be converted to Crimson ones themselves.

Secondly: What are the ALL Crimson tiles, including Hearts, Altars and even Crimson Chests on the Dungeon?

Thank you so much for your help...

Last edited:
I've wondered whether backwalls might count. Never tried getting rid of them all to see if it makes a difference.

Oh, I forget this. I had also checked for walls. When I tried with Hallow it highlighted the Hallowed background, like this;
The Hallowed Ancient Valley.png

See the left side of Underground Desert. The blocks aren't Hallowed but they highlighted. It should be the walls.

This sounds strange, and I can't confirm it, but I've heard that even Crimson or Corrupt blocks sitting in a crate are counted. If you have anything like that, you could try completely removing them from the world.

This sounds strange, and I can't confirm it, but I've heard that even Crimson or Corrupt blocks sitting in a crate are counted. If you have anything like that, you could try completely removing them from the world.
This means "I should get rid of ALL Crimson stuff from my world."? If it is, I can put everything out except a Fetid Baghnakhs. I can store all other stuff another world.
But, the Crimson Hearts and Crimson Altars counts as tiles, so I think it should be them. If they're, and if they won't create any Crimson on my world, I will be happy with them :) (I really don't want to deal with Meteors or Pirates untimely)

Like I said, I don't really know, that's just what I heard. But I doubt it would include crimson equipment, I think it's more likely just blocks that (if placed) would spread the Crimson. Assuming this information is even correct.

I am fairly sure backwalls don't count (at the least, they don't further spread biomes). If you went crazy with the Clentaminator, there's probably none left. Some other things you might want to check:
  • That there is still some Crimstone/Crimsand/Hardened Crimsand/Crimsandstone somewhere. Some of these are new to 1.3, so a world viewer might not yet support highlighting them.
  • That there is still some Crimgrass somewhere
  • Crimson thorns -> also new to 1.3
  • Vicious Mushrooms -> also new to 1.3
  • Shadetrees (Crimson trees that drop shadewood)
  • Crimson vines
  • Crimtane ore
  • Crimson Altars
  • Crimson Hearts
I don't know for sure if the entries after Crimgrass impact the percentage count, but maybe worth a try if you're desperate to get rid of them. With regards to Meteors: smash all the Crimson Hearts in a single day. The game only stores a single flag "Spawn meteor?". So if you smash everything in one day, the flag can only be true once and you'll only get one meteor from them. Alternatively, consider a skybridge? (Conversely: if you want maximum meteors, wait until night. Smash a Heart and wait a few minutes for a meteor. If a meteor falls, or there is no meteor after a few mins, smash the next Heart. But generally speaking, meteors fall immediately after breaking a Heart at night.)
If you smash the Altars, watch out for any new Crimson that may spawn.

You may also want to attach your world file to the thread? Then other people can check it for you too!

(Thought I saw a bright pixel in your first screenshot. Turned out to be dust on my screen. :))

I am fairly sure backwalls don't count (at the least, they don't further spread biomes). If you went crazy with the Clentaminator, there's probably none left. Some other things you might want to check:
  • That there is still some Crimstone/Crimsand/Hardened Crimsand/Crimsandstone somewhere. Some of these are new to 1.3, so a world viewer might not yet support highlighting them.
  • That there is still some Crimgrass somewhere
  • Crimson thorns -> also new to 1.3
  • Vicious Mushrooms -> also new to 1.3
  • Shadetrees (Crimson trees that drop shadewood)
  • Crimson vines
  • Crimtane ore
  • Crimson Altars
  • Crimson Hearts
I spent about 4 or 5 stacks of Green Solution, also checked again and again. Im currently playing, so if I missed anything it's spreading now and I can check it later.
All checked all these tiles, excluding Hearts and Altars, which I don't want to destroy them, especially altars.
I don't know for sure if the entries after Crimgrass impact the percentage count, but maybe worth a try if you're desperate to get rid of them. With regards to Meteors: smash all the Crimson Hearts in a single day. The game only stores a single flag "Spawn meteor?". So if you smash everything in one day, the flag can only be true once and you'll only get one meteor from them. Alternatively, consider a skybridge? (Conversely: if you want maximum meteors, wait until night. Smash a Heart and wait a few minutes for a meteor. If a meteor falls, or there is no meteor after a few mins, smash the next Heart. But generally speaking, meteors fall immediately after breaking a Heart at night.)
If you smash the Altars, watch out for any new Crimson that may spawn.
I won't destroy any altar, but if I need to slay some Brain of Cthulhu of course I will have to break some. But about altars, when I made a DCU, I might think about destroying all of them Altars and Hearts. :)
You may also want to attach your world file to the thread? Then other people can check it for you too!
Really? That's jackpot! Thanks so much!

It happened just before! I asked to Dryad and she simply answered this;
OMGNoCrimson.png

I even haven't cleaned the Altars and Hearts, and she okayed that there's no Crimson anymore in my world! Altars and Hearts don't count for percentages! Now, time to get rid of remaining %10 Hallow!

Back
Top Bottom