What is Your Favorite Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summoner. There's something fun about not doing anything and letting your minions do all the work , I know summoner isn't a complete class , it doesn't have pre-hardmode accessories and is missing a few armor sets , but it's a great class , I had lots of fun fighting the Queen Bee with only the Slime Staff , I only dodged the boss , the minions took care of the rest (2 slime minions because summoner potion). Once I got the hive armor and the bee minion , it was much easier. Summoners need love , it's not one of the best classes in the game right now , but it sure is fun.

RANGED ALL THE WAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godly Chaingun, Unreal Elf Melter, Shroomite Armor, GO.
Fishron Wings, Ankh Shield, etc. All with Guarding.

I've played this game for a loooooong time... :eek:

There is very little that separate classes, only armours, accessories and buffs, a single weapon will not change much depending on your set up, compared to the change you will experience using different weapons. Judging classes based on the typical type of items from that class there is none with any clear superiority.

-Melee weapons are generally easier to use, protecting you at close range, when you are in danger of being of being hurt and with little accuracy needed for most. Also there is no need to worry about mana or ammo. I use melee weapons normally as lazy weapons when I don't want to put too much effort into the game. They are useless against bosses though.

-Ranged weapons are good against bosses but you can die easily caught off guard with no close range weapon. Ammo isn't hard to deal with and ranged can be effective if you know what you've doing.

-Magic has all sorts of weapons, some with characteristics like ranged and some like melee. Mana can be a little tricky to watch over but it is a good middle ground and a ton of utility weapons gives magic a large variety with potential to do most of what ranged and melee is supposed to do.

Discounting summoner which hardly has enough weapons and I would still lump together with magic, most of the classes have their advantages and disadvantages, none of which stand out enough for me to have a favourite.

I love ranged melee, if you know what I mean. Melee weapons that attack over a long distance, like boomerangs.

I am always a mage because together with melee it's the best class in the game and I like the way the magic weapons work. Every magic weapon works different then the other. (well except for some that are just an upgrade of there pre-hardmode version like the Nettle Burst just being an upgrade of the Vilethorn.) But I do mix my mage up with the summoner class a bit because I always have 1 minion with me so that he can take care of the weaker mobs for me because it can be a bit annoying to constantly having to kill every slime or zombie that's attacking me will I'm fishing.

I still kind of disagree with the idea of "classes"
That's why I liked Frost armor so much because of it's more class neutral state (minus magic)

But if I had to choose one, It would be melee. Cause hammers :p

In Terraria I feel that in the end game, if you are playing solo, spectre armour Mage is really the only viable option.

Usually Ranged, but I like to try a low armour slashy-runny-gunny-dodgey- class (shadow armour+muramasa+phoenix blaster (pre-hardmode)). It can use on damage accessories (star veil, honey necklace) to help with survivey-ness (nailed it). All other accessories are mobility. Ichor debuff helps, so i might use a golden shower if I can get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom