TV What is your opinion on The amazing digital circus?

it’s really fun to watch! i especially love how it can be funny and silly while still being creepy (especially with the whole idea of Abstraction). can’t wait to see more of it!
and i did watch SMG4 when i was younger. somehow little ponyo understood the humor

Gonna copy and paste what I've said in the Terraria Metroid Mod Discord, in which I've replied to a Tweet that has to do eith "something that will give you negative reception based on your response:

The Amazing Digital Circus, while is an incredible animation with the humor, nostalgic elements to it, and the colorful cast of characters, is the perfect representation of why the indie community is now showing signs of lacking in personality of the cast of characters in a show, and even the plot. Pommi, the young cute jokester everyone is making fanart of is an example of the typical "character with anxiety" that has a style that is usually cute, and some of the faces that she makes are purposefully made to drawn to make it meme material. While I don't know every single characters' name off the top of my head, you can expect what I'm talking about by the following character tropes:

- a character who is usually caresome towards the main protagonist (or a character similar to Pommi that has anxiety/depression) which can lead to fans shipping them whether they're a girl or not,

- a character who is usually not the stupid one per se, but the character where they have a "Berdly"- like personality where they seem to be self absorbed in themself and their style physically represents the opposite of their personality (the purple rabbit in this case in which he is sarcastic despite the design showing himself always smiling),

- the character who can be seen as the jokester of the show but mentally has something wrong with them (personalities akin to Deltarune's Jevil, Spamton, etc)

- with the show catching a nostalgic 90s feel. I know people like me wish that the times of back then can come back with a resurgence with a fresh coat of paint (Cuphead? A 70s-80s looking game), but in all honesty, they don't capture a hundred percent of how it was like especially since the "common meta" everyone's into is applied in the show.

This show is great, yeah. The pilot has been created very well And I will like to see more of it in the future, but nothing will stop you from looking at an indie animation and think if it's unique and in anyway cause every time I see em, it's too Familiar. I've literally talked to someone about this exact show recently and they've said too that the acting and stuff feels to similar to stuff that they've watched.

The show is incredibly uncanny and it appears that the psychological horror aspect will only become more potent as it continues. So far I find it all right, but tbf it’s hard to kick off a pilot. Murder drones is still better imo.

Fun fact; TADC has accumulated over 200m views on YouTube right now. Absolutely insane.

I enjoyed the soundtrack and the animation, some of the story is nice but I feel that the whole "self aware" plot aspect became too contrived, especially Cain, he is extremely on-the-nose when it comes to trying to throw a message directly to the audience than portray his own show.

It just has a "Show don't tell" problem

I liked it, and I'm excited for the next episode, but I can not stand the fact that lankybox and other brainrot channels got their hands on it

I enjoyed the soundtrack and the animation, some of the story is nice but I feel that the whole "self aware" plot aspect became too contrived, especially Cain, he is extremely on-the-nose when it comes to trying to throw a message directly to the audience than portray his own show.

It just has a "Show don't tell" problem
I actually really disagree. It handles exposition pretty nicely. Especially because you can use a lot of the exposition to learn more about the characters that are doing the expositing, than what they are actually telling you about. Its a really clever bit of using the limited knowledge each character may or may not have. A lot of the things they say leave more to be interpreted than straight up understood.

It handles exposition pretty nicely. Especially because you can use a lot of the exposition to learn more about the characters that are doing the expositing, than what they are actually telling you about.
I don't know, they feel a lot less like people with how uncaring they are of their circumstance (at least with the characters intended to direct messages to the audience). In that lack of care they just seem apathetic to those around them and generally unlikeable. A comparison I can think of is Sans from Undertale, he knows what is going on behind the screen and acts self aware too, however also cares for the story of the game when he shows care for those around him, rather than seeing Papyrus as a line fo code (which he is), Sans cares for him like a person.

Back
Top Bottom