What is your weirdest glitch in a game?

Dradonhunter11

Official Terrarian
I will start with a pic came from my pokemon yellow

sToc7c3.jpg

I played this one game on the Gameboy called Robots, and the particles would routinely glitch into random sprites and noise. It wasn't really crazy or weird, it just happened EVERY TIME I played.

Also, about a month ago when I was playing pokemon Sapphire on the Gameboy, I accidently dropped it. Instead of freezing and just playing random sounds through the speakers, it made what sounded like a glitch remix of the music that was playing. It sort of had a beat, and it sounded pretty cool.

I have plenty of glitch stories from back in the NES era. One thing they told you to never do was to take the cartridge out with the console still on. But in many games, if you managed to pull a bit of the cartridge off its slot and then back fast, you could cause a sort of "soft reset" which could have some unexpected results. Like:

- having Mario in Super Mario Bros. walking on top of the screen (where the score was,) making him invincible, but also preventing him from tuching the flag.
- In the Dragon Ball Z RPG games, this caused characters to have their stats jumbled. Yamcha's battle power at one million? Could be done.
- In the NES version of Double Dragon, you could turn some enemies into jumbled messes of sprites, unable to hurt you, but you could still beat them.
- In the very "meh" Street Fighter II port, you could have Ryu with Vega's head, or a Chun-Li with Blanka's moveset.

Well, there was this time on Skyrim that the paralysis spell made a Stormcloak soldier move a hell of a lot faster than he was supposed to.

It involved lots of repeated circles around the fort, travelling in excess of 200mph.

GoatSim. I had this lady on the back of my goat, and then I went into a stream and we both like went through the map and she fell off.
But GoatSim harbours so many glitches...

Glitch in Need for Speed Underground 2 where the disc started to get really scratched and mid-race, the road ran out. It's hard to win a race without a road
you didn't have enough sound systems or NOS bottles.

Anyway...
I once hit a wall at such a high speed in Forza Horizon 2 during a race, I sorta phased into it, started spazzing all over the place, and got launched insanely high off the map.
I was in a Volkswagen Beetle being pushed along by my brother in his Alfa 33. That was weird, considering I was in 1st person too.

Glitch in Need for Speed Underground 2 where the disc started to get really scratched and mid-race, the road ran out. It's hard to win a race without a road
I've had THE EXACT same glitch on another NFS on PsP.

Oh, well one of the wierdest glitches I had (and still have) was a visual malfunction in Clash of Clans, with which two walls placed together wouldn't connect visually.

There's this small slanted tree in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on the Canada map where if you jump under it and hit the trunk of the tree juuuuuusssst right...
you'll fall out of the world.

In Skyrim, I have a knack for finding every possible spot of the map where the character gets stuck if you land on it after jumping.

Yes, those same spots Bethesda swears were removed by now, after all those patches and DLCs. They're still there. My characters know each and every one of them by heart.

Weirdest glitch in a game? I would say Bombchu Hovering but thats not really weird...

Weirdest glitch imo is RBA(Reverse Bottle Adventure) in Ocarina of Time.

I was playing halo reach with a friend, at one point we glitched through a wall trying to by-pass half of a campaign mission, however we both died and when we respawned half the map was completely wiped from existence making it impossible to finish the mission.

Another one in skyrim pc after using the killAll console command in the intro before we got off the cart, I guess the horse and driver died and the cart just went spinning out of control, launching me to the other side of skyrim.

i was playing dream drop distance as riku and did the magnet spell "zero graviza"...
he started repeating the animation for it over and over again until he got attacked.
also, shouldnt this belong in "other games"?

I played cave story 3D on a new save file
I started through the first door and wound up in the final level with almost no health and swarms of enemies around me and now way to defind my self

Back
Top Bottom