What jokes don't make sense to you?

M015TY B0Y

Duke Fishron
This is a thread where people come to ask "I came across this joke and i have no idea what it means or where it came from, can somebody explain?, because I'm to lazy to look it up...". So I'm going to start us off...

What is the deal with air-- with people saying "blame Omnir", I've come across this multiple times on the forums and scratch my head evri tim

Or "Lydia from Skyrim keeps blocking the doors" personally I've never ever had this problem with any followers

Or the saying "GEE THANKS OBAMA" it may be because I'm Canadian but... Ye...

You know stuff like that, I couldn't think of anything off the top of my hat holder but I would like to hear yours

People say "THANKS, OBAMA" sarcastically to blame him for things that he couldn't possibly have had control of as a parody of someone who non-sarcastically did so.

Personally, i don't find one-sided puns funny. Two-sided ones are fine, though.
Eg "My cat had an accident and had to go to the vet and now she's sad. :(" "I guess it made you paws for thought?"
No. 'Pausing for thought' is not relevant here at all. Shut up.
However, something about a 'Catastrophe' would be fine, since it was an accident that involved a cat - that's two sides. :3

I feel like i made this thread because i was watching mythbusters and i was tired, i regret everything

Rat Who
Knock knock
Who’s there?
Rat !
Rat who?
Your new doctor

Basically the entire badkidsjokes tumblr is lost on me

The chicken crossing the road joke, never got it and leave the damn chicken alone
allegedly it's supposed to be a suicide joke. A chicken would never jump in front of a car, because he's a chicken, so the only reason for him to cross the road is to reach the other side.

The Joke I don't understand is:
Boy, that's a lot of fish.
Sources tell me it's from a newer Godzilla title, and how it seemed to be a run-on sentence, but didn't seem to have anything after that phrase...
I certainly don't understand it. Does anybody else get the joke that may or may not exist within that black-hole of a sentence? Anybody?

Or "Lydia from Skyrim keeps blocking the doors" personally I've never ever had this problem with any followers
I have. Pretty much anything that follows me around in Skyrim tries to trap me in my Alchemist Room for eternity. Not just that room either, everywhere. Dungeons, towns, caves, everything.

Most of the super-popular Tumblr memes don't make any sense to me. I mean, they aren't supposed to, but I don't even find them funny at all.

Not to mention the "arrow to the knee" pandemic.

I don't get most inappropriate jokes... which I'm glad of, but sometimes it can get me embarrassed if I take the sentence by what it's supposed to mean. I mean, I have this friend that chuckles and stuff at almost everything I say because I keep saying stuff that could be taken inappropriately without meaning to.

I never got that "So, how about that airline food?" joke. Also how did tha "I heard you like Mudkips" get popular?

Last edited:
I never got that "So, how about that airline food?" joke. Also how did tha "I heard you like Mudkips" get popular?
The 'airline food' gag is a cliche for comedians, not sure where it originates, and the "i herd u liek mudkips" is a meme based around a kid who supposedly effed a mudkip plush and his friend found out and mocked him for it. As in "So steve... i heard you like mudkips. :3"

The 'airline food' gag is a cliche for comedians, not sure where it originates, and the "i herd u liek mudkips" is a meme based around a kid who supposedly effed a mudkip plush and his friend found out and mocked him for it. As in "So steve... i heard you like mudkips. :3"
Not even anywhere close, it started as an alternative to "cool story bro" directed at ponies who couldn't shut up about pokemon during the drop in popularity around 3rd gen.

Back
Top Bottom