What size world would you recommend for a co-op play-through?

Please take into account the spawn probability of certain items, and location of hearts...etc.

I would like the play through to be as fair as possible for both players in terms of collectible, non-craftable items.

Also, would there be enough hearts for both players to max?

To avoid another thread, I am waiting for 1.3.3 to start playing. On the gamepedia website it states the patch was estimated to be released the 1st or 2nd of September. Any new estimated date for the release?

Thanks!

In my Opinion, a Medium Sized World would be fair for only 2 Players. You could probably do a small world if you wanted to as well, but either way, you should get more than enough hearts for 2 players. It should also give a fair amount of items found in chests as well. Even in the worst case, you could fish for items you'd be unable to find naturally in chests such as the Aglet and Colbalt Shield if you couldn't find another one of those for the 2nd player. Most items can be fished from crates that are in chests.

I recommend medium a little more since small worlds occasionally have bugs during World Generation from what I've heard. Still I really think you'd be fine going either small or medium in terms of resources for both players. Only thing to consider is how much you want to travel after that.

I've done multiplayer playthroughs in the past with 3-4 players, and Medium-Large Worlds have always held more than enough Life Crystals. We would still be able to get a dozen Life Crystals after everyone had already maxed their Health with 400 HP, before taking Life Fruits into Account. So you'll certainly be good with 2 Players.

To avoid another thread, I am waiting for 1.3.3 to start playing. On the gamepedia website it states the patch was estimated to be released the 1st or 2nd of September. Any new estimated date for the release?

And I do not actually know when 1.3.3 will be released. I only know what the Devs have shared publicly with regard to the 1.3.3 Update. Even if I did know, I wouldn't be able to say what it is.

In my Opinion, a Medium Sized World would be fair for only 2 Players. You could probably do a small world if you wanted to as well, but either way, you should get more than enough hearts for 2 players. It should also give a fair amount of items found in chests as well. Even in the worst case, you could fish for items you'd be unable to find naturally in chests such as the Aglet and Colbalt Shield if you couldn't find another one of those for the 2nd player. Most items can be fished from crates that are in chests.

I recommend medium a little more since small worlds occasionally have bugs during World Generation from what I've heard. Still I really think you'd be fine going either small or medium in terms of resources for both players. Only thing to consider is how much you want to travel after that.

I've done multiplayer playthroughs in the past with 3-4 players, and Medium-Large Worlds have always held more than enough Life Crystals. We would still be able to get a dozen Life Crystals after everyone had already maxed their Health with 400 HP, before taking Life Fruits into Account. So you'll certainly be good with 2 Players.

And I do not actually know when 1.3.3 will be released. I only know what the Devs have shared publicly with regard to the 1.3.3 Update. Even if I did know, I wouldn't be able to say what it is.
Thanks so much for the reply! It really helped!

I did a co-op with a friend, with a Medium World and it worked out fine.

No shortages of anything that I can think of. Easily enough hearts for both of us + a few heart lanterns for arenas, getting Life Fruit wasn't that hard when the time came, easily enough ores to put out a couple suits of armor for us both.

Though it did help that he went magic and I went melee so that we weren't both using the same resources (for example, Hellstone).

I wouldn't recommend a Small World even in a Single-Player Playthrough, much less a co-op though. It's just too small, world gen issues, etc.

Back
Top Bottom