What terraria weapon irl would be a weapon of mass destruction

The sun probably doesn't count as the kind of surface the Portal Gun works on.
Although with the Terraria Portal Gun, possibly...
I meant the Terraria portal gun in this case. Unless the sun secretly is made out of the same stuff the moon is, but in plasma form, the original portal gun would likely fail.... It's been ages since I last played Portal(and Portal 2 for that matter), and I kinda forgot that it had to be moon stuff specifically for portals to work on from that game.

Sand gun.
Ammo Reservation Potions make it go from very annoying to very serious because of making more sand.

Lava/Honey/Water Rockets with Snowman Cannon.
That's a really good way to make things go really bad. Just want to say that Honey is way worse than water.

Source: The Great Molasses Flood of 1919.

True! Or try putting it on the sun to see the earth be incinerated almost instantly.
I thought about saying this, but I'm not sure if the sun is solid enough for portal gun portals to land, especially because the sun's state of mater is plasma, not solid. It might because of how dense it is, but I doubt it. I love that this is now a debate on how portal guns work! :D

Fair enough, since portals won't work on water...
BRB, testing that... It works on Ice. Ice is solid water. I can say it works on water. What it doesn't work on liquid water or any other liquids. :p

Now that I'm thinking about shooting the portal gun into space, there's some things that would be interesting if we ignore Portal lore and go with Terraria's version. Jupiter has a solid core and I'm pretty sure the atmosphere of a gas planet with a hurricane that's been going on for hundreds of years would mess with Earth's atmosphere. A portal on the International Space Station would let people get to space easier and the mission control would be hilarious to overhear. NASA would have so many problems... You could fix Venus's greenhouse gas problem if you want to help try to make it more Earth like. It might mess up Earth, but that minor side effect is kind of the real point of ding this.The main problem with hitting any of those is aiming.

Now that I'm thinking about shooting the portal gun into space, there's some things that would be interesting if we ignore Portal lore and go with Terraria's version. Jupiter has a solid core and I'm pretty sure the atmosphere of a gas planet with a hurricane that's been going on for hundreds of years would mess with Earth's atmosphere. A portal on the International Space Station would let people get to space easier and the mission control would be hilarious to overhear. NASA would have so many problems... You could fix Venus's greenhouse gas problem if you want to help try to make it more Earth like. It might mess up Earth, but that minor side effect is kind of the real point of ding this.The main problem with hitting any of those is aiming.
Hmm....🤔

I'm pretty sure it works on glass which is not true in the Portal series, but if it doesn't work on Living Flame blocks, it probably doesn't work on the sun.

Star wrath, or any of the post-moon lord weapons, really.
Stars are made of superheated gases, dropping multiple of them onto somebody's head (or anything for that matter,) would cause more than a fair bit of damage. As for things like the last prism, well...
We can already infer that it will be extremely destructive (at least to living things) because of it's tooltip.
1696461572292.png

I think that most of the others explain themselves.

I'm pretty sure it works on glass which is not true in the Portal series, but if it doesn't work on Living Flame blocks, it probably doesn't work on the sun.
But you can walk through Living Flame blocks. You can't walk through glass or the sun.

Here's another idea for how to cause an apocalypse with a Portal Gun (or pretty much anything here that isn't magic, like probably Rocket Launchers) if you for can't cause one yourself for some reason: Give it to someone that can reverse engineer it. Once they do that, they could make more and it'd only be a matter of time until someone does something stupid with one of them. You have to hope the guy you give it to can do it and that they have poor ethics or common sense, but you get to enjoy the anticipation of wondering when something will go wrong.

If Terrarian Fishing Rods catch the same stuff in real life that they do in game, Fishing Rods would be way more dangerous than they look because of catching Sawtooth Sharks, Bladetongues, Toxicarp, and so many Bombfish.

Last edited:
When you think about it, dynamite like how it acts in terraria would be ridiculously dangerous and destructive in real life. Dynamite in real life cannot create massive craters in the earth like in terraria because of the way physics works, but in terraria the explosion instantly removes "blocks" from their space and turns them into items that cannot be collided with. Essentially, if the same explosion in terraria occurred in real life, the space where the "blocks" were would turn into a "ghost" space, and the space would look the same, but can not be collided with.
It's a strange thought, but it could have some ridiculous applications in real life.

Essentially, if the same explosion in terraria occurred in real life, the space where the "blocks" were would turn into a "ghost" space, and the space would look the same, but can not be collided with.
Can you elaborate a bit as to how it would look the same?

But how would it look like that?
Say for instance, the ground in an area looked like this:
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
And imagine that the red tiles represent the dynamite's area of effect:
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩▩
Those red tiles would appear to have been unaffected, like the explosion never happened. However, collision-wise, they would behave as if those tiles never existed, and would behave like that space was filled with air. To someone watching a person try to walk onto that area, they would see the person sinking into the earth with little to no trace of them having fallen in. To the person experiencing it, I can't say. Most likely they would see what they would see if they were actually stuck in that area if it were solid. Does that answer your question?

Back
Top Bottom