What was your first encounter with the dungeon guardian like?

What was your first encounter with the dungeon guardian like?

• It totally surprised me. I was actually startled.

Votes: 87 60.0%
  • I wan't expecting it, but it didn't phase me at all when it happened.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I knew about his existence before I got to him myself, so the surprise was ruined for me.

Votes: 45 31.0%

• Total voters

ExoticCharm

Terrarian
I had no idea myself. I was one of the first people in my circle of friends to even play Terraria, so imagine my surprise when a giant skull came flying out of nowhere and one-shot me. If you built a time machine and went back about a year and a half, you can hear what it sounds like when a 29-year-old man screams like a 9-year-old girl.

After that, I decided that my friends should share my experience, so I "helped" them find the dungeon guardian before we fought Skeletron. The reactions they made were priceless.

What was your first time like?

My first encounter with the dungeon guardian was when I first started playing terraria (the first version I got was mobile) and I saw a big structure and was like "Cool a big building! I wonder what's down there?" And I found out 10 seconds later.

Back when I started in 1.1 I knew something bad happened if you failed to beat Skeletron before entering but I wasn't exactly sure what however by they time I got to that side of the map as was able to trivialize Skeletron with by Jungle tier gear so I never had a change to encounter that later I saw videos of someone defeating the dungeon guardian in a really, really, really long fight but never tried as there was no incentive to do it.

Come 1.2 however the bone key was added so this became a task there I added a small home right outside a dungeon made a death trap and tried to unsuccessfully take it out... This resulted in a cemetery underground next to the dungeon a really, really, really, large one where no more tombstones could spawn... In the end I resorted to the terrible blackbelt+turtle armor exploit to get my item...

someday I will have to go back and do it right... gulp...

Some hacker spawned a DG on a multiplayer server I was playing on. Always the one to follow instructions, I knew the DG existed but didn't actually encounter one until then.

It wasn't funny.

I knew about it before hand, but that didn't make it any less shocking seeing it for the first time. Once I went down out of a morbid curiosity to see it, and as I went deeper into the dungeon I was fearing the moment when one would finally show up to crush me, wondering how deep I would have to go.

me and my friend were playing on xbox and found the dungeon i looked it up online and found out about the dungeon guardian and trolled my friend

My first dungeon's entrance was really steep. At some point, I jumped down like an idiot. The Dungeon Guardian didn't even let me die of fall damage, he had to kill me personally. Reminds me of this.

It really surprised me. Had to say goodbye to a gold coin...

I was a new character, I had finally made it to this odd structure. The man told me I couldn't go down there, but I didn't listen. The next thing I knew, I screamed as a severed limb hit my screen.

i cant remember that well since it was so long ago but i remember first exploring my world a bit and since i was early in game (i think i was at EoC stage) i went down and encountered one. i think i heard of them once before on the wiki but it horribly startled me

Going past getting eaten by the dungeon guardian, as it seems that was the majority of everyone's experience, my first experience was filled with excitement and a lot of frustration. Going into the dungeon the very first time.. I was dropping dead every 10 feet. I thought those skeleton mages, floating skulls and flame wheels were the hardest thing in the game. I also couldn't explain in words how happy I was finding my first Muramasa because of the auto swing function. It blew my mind. (Mind you this was pre 1.2)

-Ok, one more day in terraria, let's walk around...
oooh, a...the dungeon, my cousin told me about the existence of this place.
"Come back at night if you wish to enter" said the old man
"F*ck the police" i said
books...ook, let's go down
Water bolt? aaawesome :D
*Howl*
Geez...WHAT THE FACK
*JUMPSCARE*
End~

Back
Top Bottom