What's the deal with Jungle Mimics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mebybemn

Terrarian
I noticed a page on the wiki for jungle mimics. I was interested and clicked on it to see its page, but there seems to be no information on these little buggers and through all my efforts I failed to encounter or summon any. It's very strange that there is no information about it EXCEPT that it drops the same potions and has the same stats as other biome mimics. Is this wiki page fake? If not, does anyone know how to encounter it?

Or rather than fake, my guess is they went unused. In the game's files but scrapped.

That probably explains why the Thorn Hook and Seedler are dropped by Plantera (both) / fished up in the jungle (Seedler), cause they are a little random for Plantera to have.

Their sprite is really weird.
No one knows what the opened one looks like, and they are clearly made of pearl wood.
wut

That probably explains why the Thorn Hook and Seedler are dropped by Plantera (both) / fished up in the jungle (Seedler), cause they are a little random for Plantera to have.
The thorn hook had the exact same length, hook amount, velocity, style, rarity, and sell price as the other mimic hooks. Also the seedler seems pretty similar in strength to the fetid baghanks (probably spelt that wrong) and the flying dagger, which are dropped by the other biome mimics (I haven't gotten the melee weapon from the corruption mimics yet, but I'll assume its about as strong as the other two).

The thorn hook had the exact same length, hook amount, velocity, style, rarity, and sell price as the other mimic hooks. Also the seedler seems pretty similar in strength to the fetid baghanks (probably spelt that wrong) and the flying dagger, which are dropped by the other biome mimics (I haven't gotten the melee weapon from the corruption mimics yet, but I'll assume its about as strong as the other two).

Seedler is quite a bit stronger than it says on the card. Pretty hilarious. Managed to fish one up right when I started Hardmode.

Yeah, which made me think this could be the case.

Seedler is quite a bit stronger than it says on the card. Pretty hilarious. Managed to fish one up right when I started Hardmode.
Yeah, I just looked at the gif of it on the wiki, it's looks pretty awesome. Still, I think its similar in strength to the other mimic items, like the Daedalus Storm Bow (I took down the twins and the destroyer with no trouble using the stormbow and holy arrows, it's hilariously good on bosses)

Yeah, I just looked at the gif of it on the wiki, it's looks pretty awesome. Still, I think its similar in strength to the other mimic items, like the Daedalus Storm Bow (I took down the twins and the destroyer with no trouble using the stormbow and holy arrows, it's hilariously good on bosses)

Honestly, the Jungle Mimic could have dropped the Seedler, Thorn Hook and two other new items probably.

Honestly, the Jungle Mimic could have dropped the Seedler, Thorn Hook and two other new items probably.

It would most likely have the Seedler, Thorn Hook, a Magic Weapon, a Ranged Gun (because there's already the dart shooters and the bow), and possibly an accessory.

It would most likely have the Seedler, Thorn Hook, a Magic Weapon, a Ranged Gun (because there's already the dart shooters and the bow), and possibly an accessory.

I was thinking a Magic weapon that shot out spores and a Repeater that acted like a toned down Chlorophyte Repeater would be pretty neat drops for Jungle Mimics.

Not sure about an accessory, to be honest.

I was thinking a Magic weapon that shot out spores and a Repeater that acted like a toned down Chlorophyte Repeater would be pretty neat drops for Jungle Mimics.

Parastic Wasp Larvae - All minions turn into WASPS while retaining original stats.

There. Hive Pack now justified.

How about a magic weapon that creates a trail of spore clouds that damages enemies and poisons, but the clouds disappear when a enemy touches comes in contact with it. Maybe the ranged weapon could be a really large shuriken that pierces and bounces off walls, kind of like the thorn chakram. The accessory could poison and damage enemies that come in contact with you.

Edit: I think I am going to make post in the suggestions thread for this

Wasps aren't bees, though. Wasps are wasps.
I've noticed in the wiki the Hive Pack notes say it doesn't affect the Wasp Gun, but what about the Hornet Staff?

Surely the Hive Pack works on the one minion tool you get directly from the Queen Bee, even though it's Hornets...

I've noticed in the wiki the Hive Pack notes say it doesn't affect the Wasp Gun, but what about the Hornet Staff?

Surely the Hive Pack works on the one minion tool you get directly from the Queen Bee, even though it's Hornets...

Hornets are wasps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom