What's your favorite gun, summoning weapon, melee weapon, throwing weapon & mage weapon?

Zech13

Official Terrarian
Do not choose one sword just because of it's power. Think of it's effects, mana conversation, appearance, etc!

Vampire Knives, Megashark, Stardust Dragon, Solar Eruption & Nimbus Rod!
Vampire Knives: Abilities, even though it got nerfed it works fine fighting bosses and events, Megashark: Easy to get for me, Stardust Dragon: Goes through walls, Solar Eruption: Goes through walls, Nimbus Rod: I like the idea of a mini-rain cloud that hurts enemies.

Also, tell us why!

Last edited:
Shotgun.png

The Shotgun.

It's available at the start of hardmode, does decent damage, and is incredibly satisfying to use.

As mage weapons I really like Golden Shower (very useful debuff and you can literally piss on your enemies), the Laser Machine Gun (looks awesome and is simply a Duke Fishron and Pumpking killer) and the Nebula Arcanum (shooting homing galaxies, do I need to say more?)

My favourite summon is the pigmy, simply because I like it's design and I think the way they surf on their spears while flying looks funny.

With melee I'd have to go with the Enchanted Sword (you basically win pre-hardmode if you get it), Death Sickle (looks just awesome and goes through walls) and the Solar Eruption for the same reasons.

I don't really like playing ranger that much, so I don't know all the weapons, but I guess it'd be the Uzi. It's a bit hard to obtain but does a really good job for a long time.

Mage- Betsy's wrath. It's really fun to use because of the big, colourful blasts.
Summoner- Imp staff. VERY satisfying.
Ranger- Celebration. It may be weak, but it shoots FIREWORKS.
Melee- The paladin's hammer. I used a godly paladin's hammer as my main weapon from 1.2 to 1.3 and you feel really powerful when you destroy enemies with it.

Mage Weapon: Magic Missile. There's something satisfying about harassing the zombie in the next room without even getting near them. Either that or Inferno Fork cause giant fire explosions. And the Magic Daggers are way fun and kind of give you an "Assassin Mage" vibe.

Ranger: Tsunami paired with Cursed Fire arrows. Yeah, it does a lot of damage, but more importantly, PRETTY COLORS! :dryadconfused:
And my aim stinks %:sigh:, so Tsunami helps out a lot with that... Another one I like a lot is the Clockwork Assault Rifle. I love how it looks and three round bursts at the cost of one bullet is very appealing to ammo chuckers such as myself.

Melee: I love the aesthetics of the Fiery Greatsword, I just wish it did more damage. So for Hardmode, I'm gonna go with the Brand of the Inferno. I loved trying (and mostly failing) at parrys in Dark Souls, so I love how this weapon paired with a shield kind of feels like parrying.

Summoner: Either Deadly Sphere or Stardust Cell Staff, both for the same reason: they look awesome! They have pretty high damage too, so that's always a plus.

Throwing Weapons: Molotov, because the only thing better than a helpless horde of zombies is a helpless horde of zombies on fire.

Gun: Even though I already mentioned the CW AR earlier, I'd have to say that my favorite gun is the Tactical Shotgun. Barely requires aiming and I'm addicted to the sound of my ammo flying all over the place. :dryadpassionate:

For melee weapons, Terra Blade all the way, the sense of accomplishment will overwhelm you and you will soon find yourself using it for a long time. I am actually in doubt whether I like Flairon more than Terra Blade or vise versa, both serve me well and suit my playstyle, so, yeah.

For ranged weapons, I really like the Snowman Cannon, one because it shoots a snowman, two, because it's relatively easy to aim, three, rockets are kewl.

My favorite magic weapon goes to the Razorblade Typhoon, Razorpine and Blizzard Staff, DPS machine!

I have a particular liking towards the Slime Staff, mainly because how cute the slime is :3

And for throwing weapons... uh... beenades, it rekts WoF so hard.

Melee: Terrarian, Solar Eruption, Terra Blade/Influx Waver

Terrarian is a fun yo-yo to use and it releases a bunch of projectiles that can deal decent DPS really quickly. Solar Eruption has a good range and it's pretty OP compared to the rest of the fragment weapons. The Terra Blade is a pretty nostalgic weapon for me and the Influx Waver can be used well for bosses or strategic uses.

Ranged: Phantasm, Electrosphere Launcher, Dart Rifle

Phantasm is a really cool bow which can be used to overwhelm players with a bunch of arrows. Even though the green projectiles were nerfed a lot, it's still a fun weapon to use. The Electrosphere Launcher is fun to use IMO and if used well, it can be good for crowd control. The same with Dart Rifle: if you use it with cursed darts, you can easily carpet-bomb enemies with them. You get them at the beginning of Hardmode and they're useful even post-Plantera.

Magic: Razorblade Typhoon, Nebula Arcanum, Meteor Staff

The Razorblade Typhoon is a great homing weapon that can be even used to defeat the Moon Lord easily, The Arcanum can deal massive damage if used well (for example timing the projectiles so that it charges and explodes with full force, dealing tons of damage on one hit), and the Meteor Staff is an useful early-Hardmode weapon that can be used to smash the Mechanical Bosses. It's also good against the Martian Saucer.

Summon: Xeno Staff, Stardust Dragon/Cells

Both the Xeno Staff and the cells are amazing against the Lunar Events. When I played as a mage/summoner character once, I spammed like 7-8 of these and paired with a homing weapon, most enemies barely could hit you. The Stardust Dragon however is amazing against bosses if used well.

Melee: Definitely the Terrablade, that moment when you finally get your hand on enough broken hero swords, got the True Excaliber/Night’s Edge and you combine them together. Man, it’s satisfyin!
Range: I’ll have to say any type of repeaters, sure they dont do much dmg, but they’re fast, I have godly accuracy, and they use ARROWS!
Mage: I don’t like being a mage but I’ll have to say the Laser Rifle you get from WoF, it’s make you feel like you’re in the future

Range: S.D.M.G, I like dolphins, and most importantly...it drops from one of my favorite bosses, the Moon Lord.
Melee: Solar Eruption, Damn, it looks cool. Also it's name is cool.
Mage: I don't really like being a mage, in fact i've never been one. but BETSY'S WRATH BABY!
Summon: STARDUST DRAGOOOOON

Gun = Megashark by far. Accuracy is top notch. It's RoF allows you to easily keep just about any mob at bay. Decent damage and, it just feels good.

Summon = UFO yeah I said it. They are the premo minions. They can move across the screen at the blink of an eye. They attacked ranged so they can easily get from target to target quickly. IMO they also have the smartest AI.

Melee = Yoyo. It can make the game boring but is by far the #1 weapon in the game. I love that it has no restrictions and anything within range even in numbers is done for.

Throwing = Don't have one. Not effective enough.

Mage = Any magic missile type. I love the ability to hit anything and it provides a healthy challenge as well. Could use a dmg boost late in the game.

Melee: Terra Blade. It's a nice upgrade for melee users and just feels satisfying to use.

Ranged: S.D.M.G. It feels awesome gunning down everything in your path, and it's a dolphin too.

Magic: Last Prism. The effect is amazing, and just destroys absolutely everything. But it isn't the best weapon to use.

Summoner: Stardust Dragon. It's a dragon, 'nuff said.

Throwing: While small, I like the bone javelins because they stick to enemies, considering how unique that ability is in prehardmode

Melee: The Horseman's Blade. It has always been my favorite. Other then having the highest theoretical DPS in the game, the ability to spawn homing pumpkins is amazing. It's just an incredible melee weapon and in my opinion the best in the game.
Gun: Stynger. Since I'm on console it is one of the strongest guns. The ammo is cheap, and it has area dmg.
Summon: Raven staff. This is amazing for farms, especially for pumpkin moon.
Throwing: Molotov cocktail. On console it is extremely cheap and overpowered. Although it is pre-hardmode, you can still use itt against the mechanical bosses. Also if I miss it doesn't matter since there will be fire on the ground. It is impossible to hurt yourself with it.
Mage: Bubble gun!!!!! Amazind dmg and mana cost, even if the range is short. Only problem is getting enough truffel worms :(

S.D.M.G - obvious it's powerful but it's accurate and fast!

Slime Staff - Just really cool and feels great when you get one early game.

Paladins Hammer - I love feeling like Thor. Even though lately it's hard to justify farming for it.

Bone Glove - Above weapon is melee or else I'd consider that. It's very strong and it takes up ammo that I usually store a ton of.

Last Prism - I love how it charges up and then just releases a beam of destruction!

Gun - Megashark. I mean, come on, it's a chaingun! Plus that gun combined with crystal bullets pretty much carried me through the first 3/4 of my first run through hardmode, so I have a softspot for it. It also sounds kinda cool.

Summoning - Spider staff. These guys are a terror early-mid hard mode. Plus they're spiders that fly like beetles! Love my little army of nopes.

Melee - Death's Scythe. I've always liked scythes, and this one throws a projectile that goes through walls and pierces. Very nice.

Throwing - Shuriken. Can't beat a good ol' shuriken. I like ninjas, and the Shuriken is a monster weapon early on, and can carry you through some tough boss fights. Wish there were some more high end throwing weapons/gear sets.

Mage weapon - Whatever that slow piercing bouncing frost bolt staff is called. I used that pretty extensively through normal mode (which still makes up the majority of my playtime, even after beating the Moon Lord, because I did so much world prep work for hardmode). Although, I do also really like Lunar Flare just for coolness factor. It just looks neat.

Gun: Revolver. Summon: Slime staff. Melee: Slap hand. Thrown: Bone Javelin. Magic: Magical Harp.

Melee: Spear - has one of the highest knockbacks, allows you to traverse world to power up early.
Ranged: Daedalus Stormbow - rain of arrows thank you.
Magic: Nimbus Rod - so functional.
Summon: Stardust Dragon - OP goodness.
Throw: Bone Glove - right tool at the right time.

Melee: Bone Sword (I just think it's cool)
Ranged: come on that's easy Coin Gun
Magic: Inferno fork, my friend got it and I traded him my sniper for it
Summoner: the UFO one DUH

Melee: paladins hammer (insert obvious hammer time joke)
Range: a tie between the sniper rifle and the megashark
Magic: unholy trident, it just gets insane
Throwing:javelins, LEMME STAB YA WITH A STICK YA GIANT EYE, or the holy hand grenade, for obvious reasons.
Summon:with the power of this optic staff, im going to reinnact what it feels like to fight the twins right when you get to hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom