What's your primary world - Normal or Expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrasyn

Eye of Cthulhu
I spent quite a bit of time rebuilding my home for a 1.3 base of operations (reduced my 1.2 home to nothing), due to my desire in having a permanent, extra challenge. Having said that, I'm curious what everyone has as their primary world, and why that might be.

I've noticed a few alterations that were not mentioned in Red's update. When switching between the two, weapon damage seems higher in Expert mode, for obvious reasons. What are yours?

My old main world was made in a normal world. I am going to play 1.3 for a few weeks, on 2 different worlds, both EM, and then I will make a new expert mode world to use as my main world, and build a new and better house than the one on my old world! (gonna be tough, my old house was made out of 5000+ lizhard bricks) :p

Every update I purge my saves and start anew. Me and a friend tried expert mode, but co-op expert mode didn't work out. For solo, though, I'm doing expert on a large world because I'm not challenged by the first half of the game anymore. Maybe I'll get super salty at it one day and decide to make a new normal world for solo, but atm it's goin good.

9 hours in to solo; haven't beaten anything but the EoC.

For living, building, exploring, and re-acquainting myself with the game, I am working in a brand new 1.3 Large, Normal, World.

When time comes to tackle Expert Mode, it will be a separate Medium World, strictly functional construction work, with all items of import brought to/from my main world.

I'm thinking of making my Expert world my main one, while keeping around a couple of my old Normal worlds.
I still have to haul all my old banners and trophies to the new world anyway, when I get around to building my Banner Hall.

Normal. On top of that, pre-hardmode. I prefer keeping my primary building world that way, even if I did make a new one for this update; just to have some of the new generation.

I plan to have an expert world later down the road, which might be quite a while; since I have to finish normal first. Or what my goal is. All these type with those goals in mind would be secondary or other worlds that I would create just for that purpose alone. I tend to build more than progress, so it will take time.:dryadhappy:

My main world is a large normal 1.3 crimson world, with me just taking it easy for once.
tackling expert mode in a second small world.

Normal, hardmode. And might I add that building stuff got a LOT harder now with all these eclipses and marsian invasions. :confused:
Easy isn't an option though. I want all the npc's around.

I went ahead and made another normal world as well, but this time a 1.3 version. Right now I'm a bit split between normal and expert, though I imagine I'd be playing expert more.

I had a Normal mode while I was trying to recover my old 1.2 world. Going to re-make my main world as Expert, considering I managed to recover my 1.2 maxed character. Wish you could toggle expert/normal once per day or something, as I've already spent an hour or so building my map and making pixel art that may or may not look like a knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom