Pixel Art When Chrome has nothing better to do...

Corruption or Crimson? Which biome should get their mobs re-done first?

• Total voters
Hey, look! The King Slime has a new look! :p
Slime.gif

Whipped a mod up real quick to add in these textures. Would probably be much more resource efficient as a resource pack, however I have no idea how to achieve that :p Will probably extend the changes to slimes along the way with some different effects.

Some slimes are technically missing (toxic slime, present slimes, pumpkin slime, bunny slime)
dbPWqPH.png

Download is attached, built for latest tAPI.

EDIT: Ninja'd with texture pack?

Attachments

• Re-done Slimes.tapi
    46 KB · Views: 351
Whipped a mod up real quick to add in these textures. Would probably be much more resource efficient as a resource pack, however I have no idea how to achieve that :p Will probably extend the changes to slimes along the way with some different effects.

Some slimes are technically missing (toxic slime, present slimes, pumpkin slime, bunny slime)
dbPWqPH.png

Download is attached, built for latest tAPI.

EDIT: Ninja'd with texture pack?
You were ninja'd by another mod. I won't post it though, since yours works better than mine.
(I'm making a texture pack)

You were ninja'd by another mod. I won't post it though, since yours works better than mine.
(I'm making a texture pack)
Texture pack will be 100x faster I believe as I have to load all the slimes OnLoad so the textures show with their first spawn. Nevertheless this is a replacement until your texture pack comes along :p

Added a poll for deciding which mobs to do from Corruption or Crimson. The poll will last as long as I feel is needed to determine a clear 'victor'.

In other news... I will add the .tAPI to the main post for those who use tAPI later today (if I can remeber). Special thanks to Jordan for the file!

I'd like to see your take on some of the town NPCs, most of all the Witch Doctor.

Is that a request or a suggestion? Particularly, are you speaking in terms of a sprite re-make of the NPCs, or are you looking to see what I'd do as a pixel art of them instead?

If you are making a request, please be sure to check the main post for the keyword needed when making a request.

I Recomend you squish the sprites into a texture pack of sorts if or maybe depending on the sprites make each one a diffrent theme if some one wants like a goth slime of sorts and another asks for a spookier Pumpking you could then put those together in a texture pack

Is that a request or a suggestion? Particularly, are you speaking in terms of a sprite re-make of the NPCs, or are you looking to see what I'd do as a pixel art of them instead?
If you are making a request, please be sure to check the main post for the keyword needed when making a request.
Ah yes, sorry I didn't read all of the OP.
*ahem* Overworld.
It was indeed a request for a sprite remake of the NPCs. Of course there is ~15 town NPCs so it might be too much work to do them all. Maybe you could just make the ones you want to or something.

I Recomend you squish the sprites into a texture pack of sorts if or maybe depending on the sprites make each one a diffrent theme if some one wants like a goth slime of sorts and another asks for a spookier Pumpking you could then put those together in a texture pack

I've already made the slimes into a resource/texture replacement collection. For now though, I'm working on stuff one section at a time. Next I'm going to work at the 'Evil biomes' (Corruption or Crimson mobs). Then maybe I'll move on to the Hollow, Underground, Sky, Underworld, Jungle, and so forth. I want to get them done in small chunks so I don't get overwhelmed.

*ahem* Overworld.
It was indeed a request for a sprite remake of the NPCs. Of course there is ~15 town NPCs so it might be too much work to do them all. Maybe you could just make the ones you want to or something.

That may take some time as it is effectively a texture replacement (which is a side project I'm doing any way). But, I will do so as time permits me. Just prepare to have it be a gradual, over-time project. There are a lot of sheets I need to extract so the NPCs actually fit and animate properly.

holy moly... that is perfect! I love the lightning on it :D Thanks man! If you're okay with it im gonna add this to my hat collection in my signature (everything is credited ofcourse)
Sure thing! I'm glad that it turned out in a way that you liked. You can use it wherever you want, I appreciate you crediting me for it. ^_^

Could you attempt 'cooking up' one of the Mafia Snowmen sprites?
Gonna disregard the lack of a keyword since you wanted a request well before my rules were posted this time around, but next time be sure to check the main post thoroughly for it, it helps me to keep things organised.

Time to dig up the sprite sheets and see what I can do!

Back
Top Bottom