Biomes & Nature When Hell Freezes Over- an Underworld alt

NO
Why? Not everything needs an alt. No I'm not "trying to impress the devs" I really don't care. If you/we keep adding alts to Terraria it eventually will be a big conglomeration of what the :red:. Don't get me wrong I like the idea, concept, and thought. Just give 0% support on it being added.

hallow (hopefully in 1.3) has cyber, desert kind of has snow

Seriously? Do people stalk Red and then assume he's going to add the exact idea he liked? Maybe he just appreciated the amount of effort someone put into the idea?

Also, desert is not an alternative to the snow. They both naturally co-exist.

Another thing to note is that I believe Redigit said there is only room for one more type of liquid in this game, no idea why.

Anyway, as for the main idea, I'd prefer an abyss as an alternative to hell. Hell is kind of gory (pictures, Wall of Flesh), so it matches the Crimson. So, we could have a really ghastly and mysterious underworld to match the Corruption.

Seriously? Do people stalk Red and then assume he's going to add the exact idea he liked? Maybe he just appreciated the amount of effort someone put into the idea?

Also, desert is not an alternative to the snow. They both naturally co-exist.

Another thing to note is that I believe Redigit said there is only room for one more type of liquid in this game, no idea why.

Anyway, as for the main idea, I'd prefer an abyss as an alternative to hell. Hell is kind of gory (pictures, Wall of Flesh), so it matches the Crimson. So, we could have a really ghastly and mysterious underworld to match the Corruption.
The only thing i meant by that was that i wanted cyber. Also, abotu the abyss idea, someone already suggested something like that, and i personally think if that were to be added it should be added it sould be under the underworld, like tartarus from greek mythology, rather than instead of it.

You do realise having something underneath the underworld is a bit bizarre, right? Having something underneath underworld would require a lot of changes, as hell is basically a lake of lava.

I'm aware an abyss-like biome has already been suggested, I'm just saying that I'd prefer that.

You do realise having something underneath the underworld is a bit bizarre, right? Having something underneath underworld would require a lot of changes, as hell is basically a lake of lava.

I'm aware an abyss-like biome has already been suggested, I'm just saying that I'd prefer that.
Ok, so we can agree to disagree, right? (Look up Tartarus on the internet, if you dont know what it is, and the whole under the underworld thing will be more clear)

I do know what it is, believe me. I just don't think something underneath the underworld can really fit in Terraria, especially considering that the worlds are already crowded with unique biomes.

But yeah, I'll leave it at that.

having something underneath the underworld is a bit bizarre, right?
That's why it must be in Terraria.

The first thing I did in Underworld... (well... maybe not first... imps, serpents and tons of 'new' monsters made my first visit very... short), anyway, I tried to dig deeper. It took some time with all lava and stuff, but soon I reached the final... I wasn't totally dissapointed, because Underworld was great, something that fits 'final' biome. But I still dream... dream about digging deeper.

And actually I like Underworld how it is (my favorite biome, 1st place!). So I'm sensetive about changes in it... But can't argue, something new and refreshing would be nice. And Frozen Hell is not worst idea. (I would prefer Abyss as alternative, but if somehow it possible place it below Underworld... I would like it that way most.)

That's why it must be in Terraria.

I'll just say this.

Using logic above gameplay to try to argue about something is void of value, especially in a game like Terraria.

Reversing that and saying anything that isn't logical fits in this game just doesn't work for me.

I like the idea of having a alt for evry biome but freezing hell down ther just doesnt feel like the right way.

I like the idea of having a alt for evry biome but freezing hell down ther just doesnt feel like the right way.
Really? I think it does. You know that saying "when hell freezes over"? I took it litterally. Also, everyone else suggested just an open abyss, but i thought that lacked potential, so i just took hell and inverted it.

You know that saying "when hell freezes over"?
Sorry,i don`t(not a native englishspeaker).
About the abyss, i`m pretty new to the forum and didnt see any post about that yet, just read trough this and didnt feel like this would be the right alt for the Hell, but i`ve been wrong before.

Really? I think it does. You know that saying "when hell freezes over"? I took it litterally. Also, everyone else suggested just an open abyss, but i thought that lacked potential, so i just took hell and inverted it.

I don't want to be harsh, but your idea is entirely recycling content. Literally the only thing that would be different is the looks. Also, about the boss:

BOSS- Wall of Chaos- corrupt counterpart to WoF crimson theme. Thanks to DarkDragonVG for the idea! 8,000 shared HP.
WoC Mouth: 75 melee damage, 6 defense.
WoC Eye: 75 melee damage, 20-25 laser damage, 0 defense.
The Eaters: 240 HP, 30-55 melee damage, 0 defense.
The Eaters II: 80 HP, 45 melee damage, 6 defense.
All Eaters drop Hearts.
Upon defeating WoC, hardmode starts. Same drops as WoF, contained in box of Frozen Bricks (or possibly Crimtane Bricks to counter WoF demonite).

I don't think you fully understand the Wall of Flesh. There are numerous thresholds that the WoF passes and gets faster, stronger as well as quicker attacks. I believe these thresholds are at 6000hp, 4000hp and 2000hp. Not only does the boss itself get stronger, but the Hungry get a significant damage boost too. If you don't deal with the Hungry and are facing the WoF face-to-face, you'll end up taking hits that are dangerously close to triple digits. I found that out the hard way.

I don't want to be harsh, but your idea is entirely recycling content. Literally the only thing that would be different is the looks. Also, about the boss:
I don't think you fully understand the Wall of Flesh. There are numerous thresholds that the WoF passes and gets faster, stronger as well as quicker attacks. I believe these thresholds are at 6000hp, 4000hp and 2000hp. Not only does the boss itself get stronger, but the Hungry get a significant damage boost too. If you don't deal with the Hungry and are facing the WoF face-to-face, you'll end up taking hits that are dangerously close to triple digits. I found that out the hard way.
Someone else gave me the idea for the boss, i originally wanted to keep the wall of flesh. For recycling content thing, i think this is pretty original. If you can give me an example of when someone suggested this before go ahead, but i couldnt find anything.

No, no, I don't mean that. I mean that you've basically taken everything from hell and made it look different while also adjusting the stats slightly.

Let's look at the Crimson vs Corruption quick. While the concept of both are the same, they both vary in their boss, weapons as well as generation features (Corruptions chasms vs Crimson's tunnel). With this proposed alternative I can't pick anything unique out. If you can suggest unique weapons that still compare to their 'alternative' (such as Vilethorn vs Crimson Rod) as well as how the landscape differs then I believe this idea will hold more ground.

No, no, I don't mean that. I mean that you've basically taken everything from hell and made it look different while also adjusting the stats slightly.

Let's look at the Crimson vs Corruption quick. While the concept of both are the same, they both vary in their boss, weapons as well as generation features (Corruptions chasms vs Crimson's tunnel). With this proposed alternative I can't pick anything unique out. If you can suggest unique weapons that still compare to their 'alternative' (such as Vilethorn vs Crimson Rod) as well as how the landscape differs then I believe this idea will hold more ground.
Isnt that basically what zoomo did with the cyber? That was the best idea ever.

I completely realize that you dont like this idea, but other people do, so dont just keep trying to put it down. I worked really hard on this.

Isnt that basically what zoomo did with the cyber? That was the best idea ever.

Just checking the Cyber thread, it has unique traits and mechanics in it that does not exist in Terraria currently while also recycling content from other places that are not directly from its alternative biome, the Hallowed. It being the 'best idea ever' is subjective, though it is definitely a well thought out idea. Also bear in mind that ideas with sprites, pictures and examples have tremendously more support than those that contain just words.

With this, you're just rehashing the enemies that are from Hell, the alternative on this biome. Because of that, it won't feel like anything new when I'm roaming this biome. Same thing for the weapons.

I completely realize that you dont like this idea, but other people do, so dont just keep trying to put it down. I worked really hard on this.

I'm not trying to burn this idea to the ground, I instead would prefer if you gave this biome some solid traits that are not shared with the current underworld. If you think it is fine as it is, then just ignore me.

And your latter words don't make me budge, as a side-note. I have little care for what others think of the idea.

Edit: Fixed quoting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom