where is hallow biome?

alex_

Terrarian
i beat wall of flesh and then i explored the entire world and there was no hallow biome. for some reason, there was only an underground hollow but no hallow biome on the surface. i saw some pink ice in the ice biome for some reason and pink ice means that there is hollow biome but i couldent any hallow biome, plese help.

To put it plainly: The surface Hollow spawned in your snow biome. The only problem with that is that snow blocks can't be 'corrupted' by any of the spreading biomes; it's always just "snow."
Like the other two said, buy a handful of Hollow grass seeds from the Dryad! Planting those somewhere and letting them spread for a bit can get you your surface Hollow.

ok i will do that
To put it plainly: The surface Hollow spawned in your snow biome. The only problem with that is that snow blocks can't be 'corrupted' by any of the spreading biomes; it's always just "snow."
Like the other two said, buy a handful of Hollow grass seeds from the Dryad! Planting those somewhere and letting them spread for a bit can get you your surface Hollow.

Heres a neat trick. Where you defeat wall of flesh and the obsidian box spawns a BIG \/ goes through your world. The \/ is where your hollow/evil biome would be spread. Sometimes people are unlucky and get their hollowed/crimsion spawn in the jungle. And mud don't have evil/hollow versions so intern nothing happens.

Jungle can get infested now as of recent patches. However, hallow will leave jungle alone.

As per the original question: the hallow stripe extends into the snow biome. Sadly, this will mean having to buy hallowed seeds from the Dryad and planting them on the surface on bare dirt and allowing the Hallow to spread. My choice for this is a fair distance from the surface contact of the evil spread.

When you get an incident like this, where the hallow goes towards snow, your primary focus should be to try and get a gapstop set in place before the jungle, because of said infection.

Some future preventative advice for people here though. One thing I recommend doing before setting off hardmode is to have a good sequestering of your 'home spot' with a 5-block gap, then lined with any easy-to-make brick. The same thing should be done before the jungle, but in more of a one-sided hellevator well effect. Bring obsidian skin potions; you will have to deal with lava. Once you have that set, line the edge facing away from the jungle with easy-to-make brick.

Why brick? It not only allows for a more subtle marking of what the bounds are, but bricks can't be corrupted.

Also good ideas include:
self infect your home with hallow , it is better then corruption/crimsone has some of the most usefull surfice enemies , and protects you.

Blow up an area below your base/house/city , creating floating island/island/lava island/shimer island(spicy option). I really recomend setting up explosives pre hm , if you are in a multyplayer with non-wirer for a big KABOOM!(showmanship included)

Move somewhere , for examle skyes.

Kill planterra shortly after mechs.(slowes down spread masivly)

Live in a snow biom.

Your hallow generated in the Tundra, you should get hallowed seeds or powder and make your own forest hallow. Placing a large concentration of pearlstone blocks together can make an artificial one around it that spawns surface mobs (if you're on the surface).

Back
Top Bottom