Items Whisper Box

Would you use these?

• Total voters

Tyro

Steampunker
An announcement box which only sends announcements to players within X blocks, or only players of X team(s). Maybe "whisper box" for the former and a separate "team announcement box" for the latter, the color of which could be toggled. I want to put heads up warnings in my subway for upcoming forks without broadcasting to the whole server.

This sounds both useful and not too difficult to implement. Especially the team announcements would open up some new possibilities.
The big problem I see, however, is with the X regarding the "whisper box" – how big exactly should this range be? Now, the fact is that, no matter how big or small you make this X, it's gonna be problematic for some people.
An alternative (that would also be more "whisper"-y) would be something that only posts a message to the closest player. That would still be useful for a lot of the cases the original suggestion could've been used for, and it would solve the problem of finding an appropriate X.

This sounds both useful and not too difficult to implement. Especially the team announcements would open up some new possibilities.
The big problem I see, however, is with the X regarding the "whisper box" – how big exactly should this range be? Now, the fact is that, no matter how big or small you make this X, it's gonna be problematic for some people.
An alternative (that would also be more "whisper"-y) would be something that only posts a message to the closest player. That would still be useful for a lot of the cases the original suggestion could've been used for, and it would solve the problem of finding an appropriate X.
Maybe make it possible to hook it up to a pressure plate / pressure plate track and whisper the activating player

Maybe make it possible to hook it up to a pressure plate / pressure plate track and whisper the activating player
Well, this would only work if that pressure plate always activates the same message, since you couldn't put any logic gates inbetween. Also, it should just be possible to put it really close to the trigger, so I don't think it'll really be necessary. It might make things unnecessarily complicated, which reduces the chances of the suggestion being included in the game.

Back
Top Bottom