Console Why am I so bad (ranger)

ferbplatypult

Terrarian
Hello I’m new here and I play terraria with my brothers I’m ranger and my melee brother seems so much better than me even without the zenith I use nebula wings snipers scope and it’s upgrade, terrasparkboots and charm of myths I have the sdmg and full vortex armor. My brother uses no damage or crit accessories am I just bad or am I doing something wrong

First and foremost welcome! 👋 😊

Also, to answer your question, being "bad" at Terraria is of little consequence, there's way too many tools you can use to make up for lack of skill; because I have such bad aim and coordination, I use Minions and a LOT of homing/ scatter Ammunition [when playing Ranger Class]. As long as Enemies and Bosses are dying, you're doing what needs to be done, I wouldn't get too caught up in "who's better than who" in this game, a simple Class switch could turn the tables almost immediately!

Lastly, the Sniper Rifle weapon has a high skill floor and ceiling, if you wanna get good with it, you'll need to practice... a LOT. However, if you want somewhat similar power at the cost of damage, but more accuracy, try using Chlorophyte Bullets, or even Crystal Bullets [anything that has a volley or some form of homing ability].

The real thing is that I can’t beat normal cultist with endgame loot it takes time for me to die but I die at around half health for the cultist. I don’t know if I’m being to conservative or something but it seems like I badly hit him and I’m using target lock. I guess I’ll try chlorophyte bullets.

Going for high DPS loadouts as Rangers are important, as otherwise they get outclassed by many other classes, Use stalker's and molten quiver if you use bows, and tactical scope and sniper scope if you use bows, a dash, boots and wings accessories are all you need for movemnt. If you have spare item slots, use ranger and avenger emblems.

Taking advantage of armour abilities also help with dps as rangers, (mostly by standing still in endgame gears)

Back
Top Bottom