Why is Duke Fishron considered an Endgame Boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke fishron is not hard.

With some good wings, adamantite/titanium armor and a gatligator (sold by travelling merchant during hardmode) you can easily defeat him. (some good reforged, stats boosting accessories will probably be a requirement aswell.)

One weapon can pierce and be decent on a single mob, but as soon as 10 mobs are into the mix it'll be 10 times more effective. Sometimes it also pretty much falls to how the gears the player chose to use are actually put to use. If you ask me, piercing weapons and groups of mobs give much more space for exploiting out their true dps potential.

Last edited:
One weapon can pierce and be decent on a single mob, but as soon as 10 mobs are into the mix it'll be 10 times more effective. Sometimes it also pretty much falls to how the gears the player chose to use are actually put to use. If you ask me, piercing weapons and groups of mobs give much more space for exploiting our their true dps potential.
Of course, there's the fact that non-piercing weapons typically have higher DPS against a single target than piercing ones due to the fact that piercing weapons can only damage enemies once every couple frames

Duke fishron is not hard.

With some good wings, adamantite/titanium armor and a gatligator (sold by travelling merchant during hardmode) you can easily defeat him. (some good reforged, stats boosting accessories will probably be a requirement aswell.)

Yep, but you need chlorophyte bullets to deal damage effectively as the Gatlingator is disgustingly inaccurate; and chlorophyte bullets are post-mech, so the Duke still ends up being an end-game boss. And by the time you have access to chlorophyte you'll have much better gear than what you just said.

There are always obstacles stopping your from defeating certain bosses and in this case, you'll need to stock up on gravitation potions.

Edit: I think a video will do the job better than a few pics, This is me defeating duke fishron without a gravity potion with pre-plantera items. (the youtube video is uploading)

Attachments

• Terraria 2014-11-08 02-28-59-86.png
    Terraria 2014-11-08 02-28-59-86.png
    152 KB · Views: 1,746
  • Terraria 2014-11-08 02-29-14-31.png
    Terraria 2014-11-08 02-29-14-31.png
    172 KB · Views: 505
  • Terraria 2014-11-08 02-29-16-62.png
    Terraria 2014-11-08 02-29-16-62.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 1,838
Last edited:
I never use Grav potions under any circumstances, not for boss fights, nor for floating islands. I don't need them, and they feel too cheesy for me (pft! yes, even for the master of cheese!) I don't build an arena for the Duke either, and I win. And it has nothing to do with skill as I am utter :red: in that department.

I really hope boss AI won't ever be made to factor in the grav potions. As w1k said earlier, I'd rather see the grav potions go.

As for the main thread, I don't see the point debating boss tiers or the technicalities of whether a boss is a boss. Of course we should abide by the games code with naming conventions but debating it via loot/damage/HP is all mental masturbation with no pragmatic effect at the end of the day. Is the Wall of Flesh a boss when you have Fishron gear? Tiers are relative, "Boss" is relative, as far as the character goes.

Some consider the Reaver Shark an OP pickaxe alternative. Some consider the crates an OP alternative to ores. There's all sorts of powerfully thingies of goodness to be found in the watery depths if one is to go a fishin. The Truffle Worm can be found at the beginning of Hardmode - f̶i̶r̶e fish at will. :)

Last edited:
One tip to fight duke fishron use this:
Master_Ninja_Gear.png
the Master Ninja Gear
quickly dash short distances by double tapping the directional keys in the desired direction,
and gives a 10% chance to automatically dodge enemy attacks.

with this item and wings Duke fishron never gets me.
this item increase your speed walking or flying by dashing every second, also the 10% chance to dodge an 1-2 second of inmmunity after the dodge its so useful.
if you have problems to decide wich item you must remplace, i recomend that quit boots and use MNG.
or shield, or some dmg item,

but for me this item is like wings, vital to have.

Master_Ninja_Gear.png
the Master Ninja Gear
quickly dash short distances by double tapping the directional keys in the desired direction,

this item increase your speed walking or flying by dashing every second, also the 10% chance to dodge an 1-2 second of inmmunity after the dodge its so useful.
if you have problems to decide wich item you must remplace, i recomend that quit boots and use MNG.

I have a love-and-hate relationship with MNG.
On one hand, it helped me escape death so many times.
On the other hand, it constantly made me dash into enemies or lava.

Duke Fishron is considered an end game boss due to his health; his damage output and his speed. While with proper gear he can be easily avoided; it's nigh impossible to take him on with melee weapons (short swords, broads) Having a ranged weapon or anything that puts distance between you and him makes the battle easier however winging it is hard if you don't have a platform to hook to/run across. (While not needed it also makes the battle easier.) Like all bosses he's not invincible. While it's easy to out run him with the proper items it means very little without proper damage to penetrate his Sharkie exterior. Not to mention the Cthulhu tornadoes that if you back track can mess you up big time.

At least that's my opinion. (Plus you have to have a hardmode world to even get the bait. So there is that.)

I beat him first try with orichalcum armor and no gravity potions. He is a pathetically easy boss compared to skeletron prime in my opinion. Cause no matter how much damage a boss deals, if he is easy to dodge the fight will also be easy.

Its not ludicrous, or as masochistic as you make it sound. If red made Gravity Potion for the intent of killing DF easy, he wouldnt have made them. I killed him with Razorpine and Razorblade Typhoon in less than three minutes.
That is like saying you easily pwned the Queen Bee with full Molten armor and the Phoenix Blaster.

Honestly this is an argument that will never die until people realize implying side-progression is meant to be end-game is actually bad as it is pretty clear it is not designed to be.

Because it is?
on the server where i used to play we can easily kill it in a matter of seconds without taking any hit, but that can be easily done by anyone with the right gear (aka flairon and fishron wings).
Comparing fishron to anything that isn't the ice queen is just nonsense, come on.

Master_Ninja_Gear.png
the Master Ninja Gear

I have only bested the duke solo while wearing Master Ninja Gear. I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom